Black Butterflies And Déjà Vu (Tom)

A.N: This is written on Tom POV and I just want to warn you, my best friend goodweatherbiologist gave me this idea and it's probably sad, again. Sorry.
Oh and it's based on the song of The Maine I put above.

***

Tom POV

I was sitting in the hallway, looking down at my hands, the bright light burning my tired eyes. I could only blame myself at this moment. All this was my fault. And it was worse when I heard the song playing. It was one of her favorite songs. The scene of 24 hours ago replayed in my head with the song.

___________

What would you say if you could say
Everything you needed to, to the one you needed to

We were dancing like crazy. I brought Y/N with me, Harrison and Harry to this party. She didn't want to come at first but she was having fun I could tell. She was getting along with Zendaya, Laura and Jacob and it made me happy to see my friends liked her. They all knew about my feelings for her, and they all told me I should tell her. I was scared of her reaction. But she was a little drunk so maybe if she rejected me she would have forgotten that day after.

I lose my voice when I look at you
Can't make a noise though I'm trying to

As the party went on, I couldn't stop looking at her, dancing and being happy. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. And that night she was breathtaking. I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life if that would be possible. I know I didn't tell her my feelings yet, but she was so kind, so smart, so caring, but she didn't care about the others opinions about her at the same time. She was fun, and her smile could make my day brighter.

Just yesterday north of LA
I couldn't help but think of you

It was late now and I didn't tell her yet. But I knew it was a matter of time. I just waited to be alone with her. And the occasion came rather quickly. She came to me asking

"Tommy can you bring me back home please? I'm tired?"

"Yes, love. I'm telling Haz and Harry were leaving." I answered before warning my brother and my best friend. Then we made our way to the parking lot and I sat in the driver's seat as she took the passengers. And we left the parking lot and started to drive to her flat.

Hoping for the right words
Waiting for the right words

I kept my eyes on the road as I was thinking about how to start this conversation. We were at a red light and I looked at her. I started to nervously speak

"Hey Y/N, there's something I want to tell you for a long time now..."

"Tom it's Green." I looked at the light before I start the car again. I was about to continue my sentence when it hits us.

__________

I sang along with the lyrics. I finally understood why she loved it so much. And this song was talking to me right now. I sang them like she was in front of me.

"I've been searching for the right words, right words but I,
I can't even find an echo
Don't you let go
There are only twenty six letters I can use
Just to tell you I won't let go
Don't you let go."

Tears started to fall again. I've been crying for the last 24 hours. I snapped out of my thoughts and dried my tears when I heard my name

"Mr. Holland?" The doctor asked.

"It's me." I said standing up a light a hope in my eyes.

"I'm sorry sir. We made our best but she was badly injured after the accident and she lost too much blood. She's gone sir. I'm sorry."

That was the words I didn't want to hear. He said it. I collapsed on the floor screaming and crying. Harrison kneeled beside me taking me into his arms.

"It should've been me, not her. She had a great life to live. She didn't deserve that. And I never told her that I love her. And this because of a stupid drunk driver who didn't stop at the red light."

"I know mate, I know." I felt tears dropping on my shirt. I knew Haz cried too because he liked her, she was like a sister to him. Everyone loved Y/N, it was impossible to hate her.

"Just another lovesick afternoon
Black butterflies and déjà vu
Hoping for the right words
Waiting for the right words." I sang the last lyrics in a whisper, hoping these words would go with her.