Letting go (Harrison)

A.N: Little warning for this one, it's a sad one, I actually cried while writing it. I was inspired by the song above that I absolutely love, and I know that the song doesn't talk about that but that's what came into my mind. Also there is a mention of abuse, so if you're victim of abuse pls ask for help.
Btw this is written from Harrison POV.
Lyrics are in bold italics
Flashbacks are in italics
***

I believe in what I say
Why does everyone hear me wrong ?
If I told you different, would it sound the same?

I was standing in front her and I had so much to say but so little time. Everyone was around us and looked at us but I didn't care I had to talk to her.

«Hey Y/N. It's not the situation I wished for us to talk about this but I had to tell you I'm so sorry for how it ended and I can't help but feel guilty about it. »

« Listen there's nothing more to say. I made my choice and you can't do anything about it. As much as I love you Harrison, you can't give me what I wish for. »

« And what do you wish for ? » I asked as the talking turned into shouting

« You know what. I can't have a life with you when you're away half of the year. What do you expect me to do ? Sit around and wait for you like a good wife ? We're not even married. I'm sorry but it's not a life I want Harrison. » She spat back

« You knew when we started dating that I had a complicated work and you said you were okay with it. I've given up so much things for you and that's how you thank me ? »

« I'm sorry Harrison but I was a fool to think it could work. » She answered and I felt the tears welling up in my eyes, but I fought them the best I could. She had changed, those words weren't hers I could tell.

« Well at least I hope that he can give you what I couldn't and that it'll make you happy. »I didn't want to argue anymore I just want this to end.

« He makes me happy don't worry. Bye Harrison. » She said and with that she left the flat, leaving me crying alone. It was the moment I lost everything.

Say that you don't want me, say that you don't need me
Tell me I'm the fool
Tell me you've been tortured, tell me you've been beaten
What I've done to you

« I did so wrong with you, and i didn't realise what I lost until the day you left. But most of all I didn't realized what was actually happening. I should've known just by seeing your sad face that day and the marks, I should've known it wasn't right and I should've stopped you instead of letting you go. »

Look at all this heartache, what is left?
Forgetting how it started, this is how it ends
I know I've done some wrong, I'll pay for it
But it's your turn to talk, for once I'm listening

« Hey Y/N, it's been a long time how are you doing ? » I asked when I spotted her in a coffee shop. It was two months ago that she left me, the two hardest months of my life but I didn't want to show her. If she was happy then she doesn't have to know how I feel, I'll deal with it on my own. However she didn't really look like she was enjoying her time. Her eyes were covered with sunglasses but the weather wasn't really sunny. Maybe she had a bad day.

« I'm good thanks. » She said but I knew that was a lie. I could read it on her face. I could read her like an open book. But she probably doesn't want to talk about it with me.

« How's life with...? » I asked not remembering her new boyfriends name

« BF/N ? » I Nodded

« Does he make you happy ? » This time it was her who nodded.

« Yeah he does » She answered. I looked down to hide the sadness that probably flashed in my eyes. That's when I noticed it, the blue marks on her arms. I looked up suddenly and she noticed. She put down her sleeves and before I could ask anything she said « Listen I have to go Harrison. It was nice to see you again. Bye. » And with that she left me, once again.

Say that you don't want me, say that you don't need me
Tell me I'm the fool
Tell me you've been tortured, tell me you've been beaten
What I've done to you

« God how I regret I didn't stop you that day. Maybe it would've have changed everything. Maybe we would be reunited today. We wouldn't be where we are now. Guilt will eat me alive I swear. I wish we could turn back time and fix our relationship before it was torn apart. » The tears started to fell but this time I didn't stop them. I wanted her to know how much I cared for her. « And that day, the day your parents called me saying that you weren't happy and that your new boyfriend wasn't the one for you. They said I should've been the one to marry you and have a family with you, and that's what I wanted for our future. They told me they saw you weren't happy and that they felt he wasn't a good guy. They said you sent them off which was something you never did before. They asked me to try and talk to you, try to get you back and I only told them that you didn't want anything to do with me and that you told me you were happy. I told them it was useless for me to try to get you back because it was definitely over. God I wish I had listened to them that day. » I let out a really loud sob, and to be honest I didn't even try to hide it. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to my right to see Tom with a face as sad as mine.

Tell me that it's over, tell me that you mean it
This time was true
Tell me that I'm unknown
To you

« Mate, they have to lower the coffin now. »

« I have one last thing to tell her please. » I looked up at the prayer and he nodded. I looked back at the brown coffin in front of me, more tears rolling down my cheeks « I will always remember every moments we shared together. When and how we first met, our first date, our first kiss, the day we moved in together. You were a big part of my life and I wanted to share the rest of it with you but you decided otherwise and I was a fool not to fight for you. And I will always remember the day your parents called me telling me you didn't survive because of how hard he hit you. The day my heart officially broke, the day that meant I would never have the chance to see you smile ever again. I could've saved you, I should've saved you but I didn't do anything and now you're in a box, about to spend the eternity under the surface of earth but I could've avoid this. » I turned to Tom who was still by my side « God I can't, this is too hard. I don't want her to go Tom. I just want her by my side again » I cried even more and Tom wrapped his arm around me to try to comfort me but it didn't help.

« I know mate, I know. But you know what we say, when you love someone you have to let them go. » He said and I only nodded as my throat burnt. Tom looked at the prayer and give him and nod to say the could lower her.

Say that you don't want me, say that you don't need me
Tell me I'm the fool
Tell me you've been tortured, tell me you've been beaten
What I've done to you

I watched them lower the coffin, and once she reached the bottom the prayer said we should drop a handful of dirt as a sign of letting her go. Her family went first and then they wanted me to go, but I wanted to be the last. So her friends, her colleagues and Tom went before me and it was now my turn. I took a handful of dirt and held it above the hole.

« I loved you, I love you, and I will always love you Y/N L/N» I took one last glance at the coffin in the hole before hesitantly letting go of the dirt. When the dirt hit the coffin, I realized that this was more than real. I was living a nightmare and I didn't have other choice than let her go and mourn her thinking of what I could've done to save her.

Tell me that it's over, tell me that you mean it
This time was true
Tell me that I'm unknown
To you