I Love You (Harrison)

I was laying in bed and was woken up by a shiver running down my spine, caused by the sudden lack of warmth. I didn't open my eyes yet. I touched the place beside me and found it empty. I opened my eyes and looked in the room but Harrison wasn’t there. I heard the shower being turned on and I wondered why Harrison was already in the shower. We didn't plan anything for today and it was 9 am. I stayed in the bed waiting for him to come out of the bathroom.

After 10 minutes he finally came out in his boxers, and i looked at him from head to toe. ‘I’m so lucky to have him’ I thought. He didn’t saw I was awake that’s why he slightly jumped when he heard me

“Where are you going at this hour? We didn’t plan anything?”

“Oh you awake? Did I made too much noise?” He asked putting his pants on

“No actually it's the lack of warmth coming from your body that woke me up.” He smiled at me as I sat up in the bed. He came to my side of the bed and kissed me tenderly. He sat next to me and answered my first question.

“Tom send me a text, he want to meet up. He has something important to do and he needs my help apparently.” He stood up to look for his shirt. I stood up as well, and took his shirt, which was on the desk chair. I handed it to him and he grabbed it, kissing me again. He started to put it on.

“Harrison?”

“Hmm?” He hummed as he finally managed to put his shirt on

“I love you.” I simply said. His eyes went wide

“I’m sorry, I think misheard you. Can you say that again?” I chuckled before repeating

“I love you.” A huge smile appeared on his face, and I couldn't help but smile too.

“Yes! After two years of dating you finally said it. I started to think that you didn't love me.” He said relieved I finally told him I love him

“Don’t be silly of course I love you. But the reason I don’t tell you, is because actions speak louder than words. I mean yeah it’s always pleasant to hear someone tell you that he or she loves you. But it’s more meaningful when you spend your life proving it to the loved one. Nowadays, everybody say I love you but I feel like more they say it, more it becomes meaningless. These three words have a real weight for me, and even this can’t show how I feel towards you. I don't say it easily, and you know that. For me love isn’t just a word which describes a feeling, it’s an everyday life commitment. Saying ‘I love you’ isn’t enough to show you how much I care about you Haz. For me I don’t need to tell you I love you, I need to prove it to you, and it goes from making you breakfast in the morning, to supporting you in every choices you make for you career, and being here, by your side, in the worst times” I saw a tear forming in the corner of his eyes but he ignored it.

“I understand now, it makes sense. And actually I think you’re right, we don’t need to say it, we need to prove it to each other. And I already know how I will prove it to you today. But I’m happy you said it once at least.”

“Well I hope you enjoyed it because you won’t hear it often. So enjoy this one: I love you” I smiled and kissed him. He looked at him, and I could see in his eyes, he was up to something.

“Can you give me 1 or 2 hours before I say it back?”

“I don’t know what you have in mind, but yes, take your time.” I looked at him curiously, but he only smiled at me before placing a kiss on my forehead.

“I’m going, Tom is probably waiting for me. But I promise I’m coming as soon as possible and with a surprise.” I was about to speak but he added “No don’t ask me what surprise, you know I won't tell you. See you later love.” He exited the room, took his car keys, and left the apartment.

After two hours of cleaning up the apartment, I was now waiting for Harrison to come back. As I didn’t have any news from him, I decided maybe I should go out a little. I had some stuff to buy, so I dressed up properly and was about to leave when my phone vibrated

Haz💑💕
Are you still home?

Y/N😻💓
Y

es, i was about to go
out as you didn't came
home yet. Why?

Haz💑💕
Cuz I’m coming home
and I need to talk to you.

Y/N😻💓
What’s going on Haz?
You’re scaring me!
Did I do something?
Read 11:12

He left me on ‘read’. I don't know what he wants to tell me. I started to freak out as I thought of what he meant by ‘I need to talk to you’? What if he wants to break up with me? I can’t believe I said that I love him and now he wants to break up with me. No maybe I’m just imagining things. It’s probably nothing I should worry about. But I can't help it, what if he really wants to break up?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the front door opened.

“Love, I’m here!” Harrison announced himself. I went in the hallway and stood here, looking at him, afraid of what he had to tell me. “What's wrong?”

“You said you needed to talk to me? Is there something I did wrong?” Harrison heard the panic in my voice because he quickly came to me and took me into his arms.

“No, no you did everything right.” He reassured me as he pulled away. It worked until he added “Actually it’s me, I lied. This morning I lied to you, Tom didn’t need my help.” I was stunned by his words. Why did he lie?

“What? But where did you went if you weren't with Tom?” A tear rolled down my cheek and he wiped it with his thumb.

“Hey don’t cry, I didn’t say I wasn’t with Tom. I said I lied when I said he needed my help. Actually it’s me who needed his help for something important this morning.” I sighed in relief, and he smiled at my reaction. I know he saw I was scared of losing him. He saw in my eyes the love I felt for him.

“Why did you need his help then?” I asked curious to know why he left this early.

“Well it was something I thought about a long time now. And this morning when you told me why you never told me ‘I love you’ I realized you were right. There’s no need to say it when you prove it to the loved one everyday. And I wasn’t planning on doing this today but I don’t want to wait any longer. So if I needed Tom’s help this morning, it was to be sure I chose the right.”

“The right? The right what?”

“The right ring” He said like it was obvious

“A ring? For what?” I was completely oblivious of what he was doing. Until he get on one knee, and got a tiny box out of his pocket.

“I decided that from now, instead of saying ‘I love you’ all the time, I want to prove it to you everyday for the rest of my life. Y/N will you marry me?” He asked me and I started to cry.

“Yes” I managed to say. He slipped the ring on my finger. He got up and I jumped into his arms. He held me close to him, his arms tightly wrapped around my waist. He whispered into my ear

“Now I say it back, I love you too. Enjoy because you won’t hear it often from now.” I pulled away and smiled at him. He smiled too, his eyes glistening and filled with happiness. He kissed me tenderly, and at this moment I was sure about on thing: I will love and will be loved by the man of my dreams for the rest of my life.