This Baby (Tom)

This was requested by someone who wished not to be tagged. Still, I hope you enjoy it and I'm really sorry it took me so long to write it.

***

Positive. The test was positive. A test I did two weeks ago and that I didn't talk about to Tom. I was so happy about this, but I was also scared of how he would react. Since he's my husband and we decided to spend the rest of our lives together I assumed he'd be happy about it, or so I thought. I changed my mind the second I saw the look on his face when I told him.

"Excuse me what?" He asked and the smile on my face dropped

"I-I'm pregnant?" I repeated my voice just above a whisper now.

"No you can't, it's to early, we're not ready. I'm not ready. I can't be a father right now! How could you have let this happen?" He raised his voice, and his last word made the rage boil inside me

"I beg you pardon? How could I have let this happen? It takes two to make a baby Thomas!" I raised my voice too, calling him by his full name. With that he knew I was angry but mostly hurt by his words.

"Yeah whatever." He simply said before heading for the front door. He took his jacket on the coat rack and took his car keys.

"Where are you going?" He didn't even bother to answer and left the flat, leaving me and my baby alone for the whole night. A sleepless night may I had.

The day after Tom came back in the morning like nothing had happened. He just put his jacket on the coat rack, and his key back where they belonged and walked in the living room where I was folding laundry. I was tired, bags under my eyes due to the lack of sleep, my cheeks stained with dried tears. I found myself crying in our bedroom after he left, thinking about the worst that could happen to us. I looked over my shoulder to see he was mess too. He didn't seem to be drunk, he probably spent the night at Haz's place. I didn't acknowledge him though and brought my attention back to the laundry. I didn't want to talk to him, I was still pissed at him. I was angry because he dared say that it was my fault and I was hurt because he didn't want this baby. I thought that he would be happy, since the wedding he couldn't stop talking about our future and now he was backing away.

Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around my waist and two hands rubbing my stomach. In another situation I would've appreciated the affection but right now was not the time. I didn't want him to touch me. He didn't want that baby then he didn't have to touch my stomach like nothing happened. I escaped his grasp the best I could and when he finally dropped his arms, I left the room and went for our bedroom with the clean and folded laundry in my arms. Thank god he didn't follow me. However I heard him let out a heavy sigh and turn on the TV. I ignored him for the rest of the day, and even for the next weeks.

We spend almost the whole month ignoring each other. Not talking a lot, not as much as we used to do, just the basics. We never mentioned the baby and the only thing we shared was our bed. I started to think that it was the end of us, and to be completely honest I even started to look for a new place to live in. It was the last thing I wanted, Tom was the love of my life and I didn't want to leave him, and I didn't want my baby to grow up without his father, but since he didn't want it I couldn't just force him so maybe it was the time for to go separate ways.

As the thought started to bring tears to my eyes and I didn't want to let myself go in front of Tom, I stood up from the couch and walked to the front door. He looked at me and followed me.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he saw me take my jacket.

"Why do you even ask? It doesn't matter to you anyway, just like the baby inside of me doesn't matter to you." I said before slamming the door behind me, not waiting for his reaction.

I walked in the busy street of London for a few hours until I realized that the sun was already setting. I went back to the apartment. I opened the door and walked towards the living room only to find plates broken all over the floor and Tom was on the couch. I stepped on a piece of glass and Tom's head snapped towards me. He jumped off the couch, his eyes red and puffy, and ran towards me.

"Y/N I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I don't want you to leave. I saw you looked for a new place to live. I want you to stay with me, please, you're the love of my life don't leave me." He pleaded, not fighting the tears that rolled down his cheeks.

"You don't want me to leave but you don't want that baby either. I can't stay here and raise our baby knowing you don't want anything to do with him or her." I answered truthfully even if the words burnt my tongue. Tom dropped to his knees, not caring about the pieces of broken plates on the floor and hugged me, his head against my stomach.

"Please. I want this baby. I want this baby with you and no one else. I want us to make him or her the happiest kid in the world. Please forgive me. Stay with me." I sighed knowing that this was enough to make me forgive him. He was everything to me and if he was serious about having this baby, then I had no reason to be mad at him anymore.

" Listen I know you think we're young to have this baby, and that you might be a shitty father. But I know that this isn't you'll be a fantastic father and this Baby is going to love you. And not every kid will have the chance to say that their father is actually Spider-Man, he'll be proud of you being his dad." I smiled down at him and he cried even more but this time it seems to be tears of joy. He stood up and hugged me correctly this time.

I know, you're right. I was so scared to lose you. I love you so much Y/N" He whispered in my ears before pulling away to look at me.

"I love you too Tom." I replied before he kissed me. A kiss that reassured the both of us, that tells that we're going to do this together. It was a new step in our lives but we're gonna do this together and we're gonna be a happy family.