Break Up (Tom)

A.N: This was requested by EzioSenpaiNOTICEME I hope you like it. But if it's shit I'm sorry but it's late when I'm writing this. Anyway hope you'll enjoy

***

I was waiting for Tom to come back. It’s been six months since I last saw him and I was so happy to see him again. We’d FaceTime and call as much as we could but for the last two months there were less and less calls and FaceTime. The few times we talked to each other, Tom seemed weird, he wasn’t paying much attention to what I could say and the calls were short. But I assumed he was tired, he worked so hard but he liked what he does that's why he’s doing his best and I’m really proud of him. He does what he loves and he’s great at it. I support him in every choices he makes because I love him and what is important to him is important to me.

I decided that when he came home I would do anything he wants me to. I just want him to relax and enjoy his break. And he should be here any minute now. I made cookies for him because I knew he loved them. I was sitting on the couch waiting for him, when I heard a knock on the door. I rushed to the door thinking it might be Tom, but if it was him he would have used his key right? I didn’t look in the peephole and opened the door.

It was Tom. I was about to jump in his arms when I saw the look on his face. I looked at him from head to toes, something was wrong, he was kind of different. He had no luggage with him. He wasn’t even smiling like he would have smiled the other times. He was just staring at me with a sorry look. I started to freak out, what happened to him?

“Hey Tom what’s up? Where are your bags? And why didn’t you use your key?”

He looked at the floor and shoved his end in his pocket and took out the key of my apartment. He extended them to me and I didn’t understand until he said

“I’m sorry Y/N, I’m not coming back. I give you your key back, I won’t need them anymore…” He forced me to take the key but doesn't bother looking me in the eyes.

“What? What are you talking about? I don’t understand Tom.” I was so confused

“I’m not coming back, I’m breaking up with you. It’s not you, it’s me, so there’s nothing you can do. I’m sorry. Goodbye Y/N.” He said like he wasn't regretting anything and like I meant nothing to him. He started to make his way back to the elevator but I didn’t want him to leave just like that. I was standing in the middle of the hallway and shouted at him.

“Oh no don’t say you’re sorry if you don’t mean it! How dare you saying this stupid sentence “it’s not you, it’s me”?! Why don’t you act like a real man, huh?! Wear your balls and tell me, looking straight into my eyes, that you found someone else, someone better if that’s what it is! I can’t believe you forgot two years of dating just like this, like it was nothing, like we were nothing!” Now a few neighbors were looking the scene from their opened doors but I couldn't care less.

“No it’s not that, I didn't met anyone…” he said calmly

“Then what?!” I started to tear up but I didn’t want him see me cry.

“It’s just with my work and all the traveling, I’m not sure a serious relationship is a good thing right now. I need time to think.”

“Yeah right you should only focus on hooking up some girls once in awhile. It would work better with your schedule. I completely understand that it’s too much to take care of a serious girlfriend.” I said sarcastically before I added “You know what go away, I don’t want to see you anymore. I hate you Thomas Stanley Holland.” I said angrier than ever. If I had something in my hand, I would have thrown it at him. He looked at me one last time like he was sorry, before entering the elevator. I went back into my apartment, and when the door was closed I leaned against it before sitting on the floor. I brought my knees to my chest and started to cry.

_____________

A few months later, I didn’t forget about Tom and how he left me. But I tried to move on. I started to go out again, wishing I would meet someone good for me. But the three men that took me on a date, were actually three jerks. I started to lose hope about founding the man of my dreams. Well if I can't find him it’s because he left me a few months ago. No stop, I can’t think about Tom, he forgot about me so I have to forget about him. I have to face it, he would never come back to me.

I was sitting in a coffee, reading and forgetting about everything else. It was the time of the week when I could escape myself in a good book, drinking a good coffee and thinking about nothing else. Well at least I tried.

That’s when someone decided to bother this moment by sitting in front of me. I looked up and saw the man sitting in front of me. My eyes widened. Does god heard my prays? I didn’t know what he wanted. Why was he here?

“Listen Y/N, I need to talk to you. I can’t keep this anymore. I’m so sorry for what I did, I didn’t realize what I had with you until I lost it. What we had was so precious, you are so precious and, and I would do anything to get you back.”

Well this was clearly unexpected. I didn’t know what to tell him. Half of me wanted to kiss him and get him back, but the other half remembered how broken he left me, and how he didn't bother asking me how I was these last months. Yeah I know I told him I didn’t want to see him anymore, but a phone call doesn't count. So maybe I would give him another chance, but was he worth it? Actually I think so, but I decided to play with him a little first. After months of crying and eating ice cream, it was only fair I get my revenge.

“Hum… Sorry… Do I know you sir?”

“What are you doing? Come on Y/N it’s me Tom. Please don’t be silly, I’m serious, I’m really sorry for leaving you like this. You were right I wasn’t a man, but now I wear my balls and I tell you that I love you, and I want to be with you because without you I’m nothing. Ask Harrison if you don’t believe me.”

“Who’s Harrison? I’m sorry sir, I really don’t know you, and I don't know what you’re talking about.” I still played like I didn’t know him. Yeah it was silly and childish but hell it’s better to be childish than broken.

“Okay that’s how you want to do it, I get it. But I thought you knew me better.” He stood up and left. Shit! What did I do? He was here to apologize and I managed to make him left me once more, I’m so stupid. He clearly said that he loved me and I acted like a kid. Damn what’s wrong with me! Wait… What did he mean by “I thought you knew me better”? A few seconds later someone was standing next to me, looking down at me. I didn’t look up until I heard his voice

“Hello Miss, I’m sorry to bother you. I saw you and I find you really pretty. Can I sit here?” He asked pointing to the empty seat across from me. He sat down and added “By the way my name is Tom. Tom Holland.” He extended his arm to shook my hand. I took it answering

“Y/N. Y/N L/N.” I smiled like crazy. Of course I should have known he would play the same game to get me back, and it worked.

“Are we starting over?” he asked and I nodded. “So would you like to go on a date with me?”

“I would love to Mr. Holland.” He smiled at me. We started to talk about everything and anything, and it was like old times. Finally everything felt right.

A.N: I noticed that when I'm writing, the reader is usually a big mouth or sarcastic and it's because that's how I am in real life, so that's what I know best. I'm sarcastic when I need to defend myself or hide my feelings. So if you don't like it or if you want another personality for the reader just tell me in your request.

xx