Chapter 23

The summer holiday had started and everybody decided to go on holiday with each other. May,Misty,Serena,Gary,dawn and Clemont. They all boarded the plane May sitting next to Misty Serena sitting next to dawn and Gary sitting next to Clemont.

The flight was roughly 6 hours long and when they landed they immediately took an uber to their hotel.
Gary and Clemont shared a room while the other girls all decided to stay in one room together.

"Finally we can get some rest." Dawn sighed whilst throwing herself onto the bed.

"I know right it's been a really long year for us I think we at least deserve a holiday." May responded sitting on the bed opposite.

"Yep tomorrow is hopefully going to be a fresh start for us, ash probably would've wanted it that way." Misty said with a saddened tone of voice.

Serena sat down on the bed opposite dawns and looked down at the ground, not saying a single word.

9 hours later

It was now 8 in the morning and the girls was woken up by a loud knock on the door.

Dawn got up to answer it and saw Gary and Clemont standing in the hallway.

"Did you hear the news, there is going to be a Pokemon tournament hosted in this hotel." Gary yelled.

"Really that's cool." Dawn replied.

"That's not even the best part the tournament is going to be hosted by last years Kalos champion Alain." Gary said with full enthusiasm.

"Oh that's incredible are you going to enter?" Dawn questioned.

"Of course I am, the winner of the tournament gets to battle Alain, I wasn't really able to avenge ash's death but I at least want to avenge his loss at the Kalos league final against alain." Gary said losing his excitement at the thought of his former best friend.

"Yh that's why I'm going to be entering too" Clemont said with a fist of motivation.

"That's great I'll go and tell the girls, we can all enter and have a greater chance of avenging ash." Dawn said as she closed the door and made her way to the living room where the girls were eating breakfast.

"Hey guess what, there is a Pokemon tournament being held at this hotel and it's hosted by Kalos champion alain." Dawn shouted with excitement.

"Really that's awesome!" Misty replied.

"Yh and the winner of the tournament gets to battle alain, that means we can finally avenge ash's loss against him in the Kalos league, you remember how upset he was at the loss right?" Dawn questioned.

Suddenly Serena got up from her chair and made her way to the door.

Just as she opened it and was about to leave May questioned "where are you going Serena."

Serena turned her head with an intense glaze and replied "to train".

With that Serena left and made her way to the battlefield.