Day 23

A throbbing pain was pulsing through your head. Not daring to open your eyes, you tried your best to feel where you are. You were laying on something soft, and you assumed it was a bed. This current method you were using was getting you nowhere. Finally, you slowly opened your eyes, attempting to get used the the bright lights.

The room was (f/c), with silky curtains and a half couch. 'Damn it, what the hell happened last night?' Questions raced through your mind. Where were you? What happened last night? Who the the hell does this house belong to?

"Ah, you're finally awake princess." The voice sounded familiar. A speaker was set in the corner of the room, towards the ceiling.

"You're probably wondering where you are, hmm? Don't worry, you're safe and that's all that matters right now." Terrified, you sat completely still. You felt a slight poke on your ankle, and saw an anklet decorated with precisely cut diamonds and fine jewels.

"Like it? I immediately thought of you when I saw it."

"Oh, you're probably hungry. I'll have food sent up for you. Eat up, princess." A knock at the door sounded merely moments after the guy went away. You slid off the bed and onto the cold floor. Opening the door cautiously, a tray of pancakes, waffles, fruit, and juice sat on a table in front of the door. Forgetting about the situation you're in, you devoured the food like it was your last meal.

"That was - comforting. I haven't had a homecooked dinner since-" You stopped mid-sentence and sighed. Why now of all times? You promised yourself you wouldn't dwell on your past, but live on with the good memories in the back of your mind.

The tears that stung your eyes were threatening to fall at any moment, but were interrupted by another knock at the door. You didn't feel like getting it, and just stood there hoping whoever it was would soon leave you alone.

"(Y/n), open the door." Taehyung. He was here. Maybe he was going to save you. You scrambled to the door and threw it opened. As you were about to latch onto him, he turned away.

"Follow me." That hurt Taehyung more than anything. He caught a glimpse of your face before walking forward. The hurt in your eyes was more than enough to break his heart. He cared for you so much, which is his fault. He made sure to walk fast enough to keep distance, but slow enough so you wouldn't be left behind.

"Here we are." Taehyung announced and quickly walked away. 'A.D.' Those were the words engraved on the door. You knocked 3 times. On the third one, a voice called out from the other side.

"Come in." Your hands trembled as you turned the door knob.

"Why, good morning, princess. Did you sleep well?"

Here is an update for all you lovely readers! We are so close to 1k which is absolutely crazy!

If we hit our goal  by tomorrow, it would've taken less than a month for Skin Deep to hit 1k!

If so, I'll update again tomorrow at least 1-2x.

Thanks for reading!

-Aether