the fall |pt.2|

"sweetheart, open up. It's me."

It doesn't matter who you are, or what you've done. There's always a motive behind your actions. It's only human nature to want to understand how everything works, why people do what they do.

But no amount of pushing, or talking, or torture can open up what's behind a locked door.

You can pry and pick and bang your head against the wall trying to figure out why.

Why

It's such a simple word, don't you think? Such a simple three-lettered word.

But the meaning behind those three letters is deeper than any secret a man can hold. Why do we think the way we do? Why do we choose the actions we do?

Why do we ask why?

•••

Yoongi waited and waited for the door to open, never getting an answer. Why did he stick around?

Why are you the one he loves?

Again, he asks the question why.

Yoongi promised to stay by your side, it was a promise to himself. A promise he knew would keep him sane.

but

He isn't sane. Yoongi never was.

"I know exactly how many people I've killed, and why I killed them. That's why I have a notebook full of tally marks"

Everything that day changed when Jungkook came across that note book. He remembers it exactly.

|April 25, 2013|

Jungkook had just been accepted by the group of men known as Bangtan. Strange name, yes, but it was okay because it sounded cool as heck. It did then, at least.

Yoongi requested Jungkook to grab something from his room from him, specifically a box of cigarettes, when he came across a book with tally marks. When questioned about the book, Yoongi answered quickly and honestly.

To say bluntly, Jungkook was scared shitless. How does one man manage to kill so many people, even if it wasn't directly?

Ever since that day, Jungkook took extra care to stay on Yoongi's good side. One thing throughout the years always picked at Jungkook's mind though.

"Who is this girl Yoongi is obsessed with?"

Jimin shrugged, not able to tell Jungkook much. With a heavy sigh, Jungkook began to leave but not before taking his time to stare at Jimin's shirtless torso as he worked out.

Because holy heck, was Jungkook straight, but gayer than a rainbow on steroids for Jimin.

Jimin loved Jungkookie, as he called him.

Jimin, however, had eyes on someone else. Sadly, he had to watch the one he loved hurt himself and others. No matter how much he wanted to, he couldn't tell them how he felt.

•••

It had been at least a month now since you've been in this room. It was like a prison, a nicer one. You had been moved to an actual bedroom, with a beautiful bed and decorations littering the place.

Even though it was nice, it completely shut you off from the world. There was a window, but it was locked. There was a door, but it was locked. Hell, there was an attic. Locked.

For days and days, you tried to undo the lock. It wasn't until Yoongi got angry at you one night that you realized you could escape. Yoongi threw a hammer at that wall, having it for some odd reason, breaking the wall. It revealed a small control panel which you could access unlock the padlock.

Crazy and dangerous, yes, but damn was it worth it to get out. Luckily, in the time you were there, Yoongi gave you your medications. You were nearly fully better now that you took them daily. No more hallucinations, no more suffering.

Very slowly, and carefully, you unhooked and re-hooked wires until a familiar beeping rang through your ears.

It was finally time.

•••

"h-hyung?" Jungkook nervously stepped into the familiar kitchen. Jin froze in his place, Jungkook's voice bringing back so many memories to him.

"J-Jungkook?" he slowly turned around, his jaw dropping, "what are you-"

"h-he forced me here, I'm scared hyung..." Jungkook couldn't help the tears falling from his eyes. Jin securely embraced his arms around the younger, letting him cry into his chest.

After comforting Jungkook to the best of his abilities, Jin sent him off to his room to get rest. Jin turned back to the sink when footsteps came down the stairs. Jin whipped around to see Yoongi carrying a limp Alexis in his arms, a hole in her head and a stab wound in her chest. Blood bubbled out of the openings, dripping down her skin.

Yoongi's steps were poisonous, his eyes were colorless, and his stare colder than the ice in the antarctic.

Jin watched him in horror as Yoongi stoically carried out the spawn of Satan herself.

Jin seemed to have kissed the angel of death, having to trade his once average life to this living hell. Taehyung felt the same. Him and Jin had to watch from the sides, unable to control anything. Yoongi played the keys, while the other listened to the music. They followed him, and looked to him.

Jungkook always turned the other way. He was on a one way train to Omelas. (Y/n) was locked up in a world she was never supposed to be in, suffering for Yoongi's and other's happiness.

Jin and Taehyung helped her whenever they could. They were her angels. Her angels of life.

•••

Jimin waited nervously outside of Yoongi's door, fiddling with his fingers. Silence screamed from the other side, which beyond worried Jimin. Slowly turning the handle, he creeped into the quiet room. Yoongi was nowhere to be found.

Jimin heard a crash from outside, and then a yell.

Yoongi's yell.

And at that moment, the world didn't end in a bang or a whisper, but one scream at a time.

|unedited|

Well. This is it.

Thank you all so much for reading Skin Deep, I really enjoyed writing this and I hope you enjoyed reading it just as much.

I will continue writing more stories in the future, but this one has ended. If you want to read more of my works, I recommend reading my newest story Attention. Still working on it, but I had to focus on SD.

I love all you readers, thank you for giving your time to read this story.

Until next time.