Chapter 2

I gather up my luggage and move down the aisle of the shuttle bus. The only other people are a creepy guy staring at me and an old lady who might be dead. As I get off the bus I see the path to the school. Apparently the school is in the middle of Canada to be more "private". But when those guys said it would all be included, they weren't kidding and I was flown to Canada. Now I am staring down the creepy path into the woods wondering if this is the right stop.

 I am still surprised my parents let me come. They were actually really excited for me. After a tearful goodbye at the airport they let me come.

It takes me about 10 minutes to walk down the winding drive into the lawn. Then I approach the biggest school I have ever seen. It is like a real life Hogwarts.

"What are you doing here, young lady?"

I jump and turn to see a imposing looking lady."Oh..um, I am Carly Hope. I was given a scholarship to come here." I say taking the forms out of my Vera Bradley handbag.

The lady nods when I say my name. "Ah yes, Miss Hope. Well, If you come with me I will show you your room. Oh, and I am Professor McKinley, the headmistress here at Electracademy."

I nod and pick up my luggage as I follow her through the school. It's just as exquisite on the inside. The corridors are as big as my living room at home. On the walls I notice are words written in places. "What language is that?" I say gesturing to the wall.

"It's Latin."Professor McKinley says."It is a course here, required for everyone." I have never learned Latin before. I hear it's a very hard language to learn. But I am excited to learn it.

Professor McKinley stops me in front of a door. The word Mentis is written above the door in a fancy script. The inside of the room is simple. Two twin beds, two dressers, a nightstand, and two small desks make up the room. Half of the room is empty,while the other half is decorated in shades of green and brown. On the other side of the room is a red-headed girl reading a book on her bed.

"Well then, I'll give you to some time to meet.Dinner is in fifteen." Professor McKinley says, closing the door.

I look at the girl who is my roomate. She wears a gray T-shirt and jeans.Her red hair is in a ponytail high on her head. She has light green eyes and many freckles. She looks Irish, I think as I look at her.

Suddenly she laughs, "I am Irish." She says in a slight Irish accent.

I look at her."How did you-"

"I read your thoughts." She says before I finish.

 I look at her skeptically. "You read my thoughts?"

"Yes.I am a mind reader."

 "You have got to be joking."

She props herself up on her elbow and looks at me seriously."Do you know anything about this school?"

"Well," I say. "I know it's a fancy boarding school for the gifted."

She scoffs."Whoever told you that was lying.This is a school for extraordinary children with...magic powers.For example there is a girl down the hall who can make herself glow. I am a mind reader.I can hear peoples thoughts."

I had no idea how my first impression with my roomate would go but I never thought this..."But then why am I here?"

She shrugs."Why would I know? All I know is that it has something to do with your mind."

"How would you know that?" I ask.

"Did you see the word outside the door? It means Mental in Latin.That means if your staying in this room your power has something to do with your mind."

This is crazy.I don't believe it. It's probably a prank on new students.

"Okay. So that was crazy. How about we introduce properly now." She holds out her hand ."I am Isa."

"Carly." I say shaking her hand.

"Need some help unpacking?" Isa asks.

"Sure."