Chapter 20

We walk into Electra Classifaction the next day, laughing like the world was perfect. We take our usual spots at our desks. Alice is telling us a story about a showdown with a particular enemy when she was young.

"And I told her, 'Girl, I could outrun you in a heartbeat.'" Alice says ,slightly seething at the memory. "Then she decided to get all sassy and say how she was voted 'Most athletic' in the yearbook. Of course, she was only voted because all the boys wanted to see her in a uniform." Alice chatters on with her story. I honestly don't pay attention after a while. Alice tends to chatter on a lot. She is definitely energetic.

Instead of Professor Anil teleporting to the front of the room, someone comes walking in the door. And it's definitely not Professor Anil. He wears a very fancy-looking designer suit and a deep burgundy colored tie. His dark hair is slicked back and he carries a leather portfolio.

He walks up to the front of the classroom and turns to all the curious students. Alice has even stopped her story to pay attention. "Hello,Electra." The man says, his voice has no trouble projecting around the room. "I know many of you were expecting Professor Anil. Unfortunately, something urgent came up. I have been sent as a temporary replacement. I am Professor Zeithman. Now, I don't know how Professor Anil taught this class, but I am teaching it my way now. Every one open your textbooks to page 36. We will be learning about each individual classifaction. We will start off with my classifaction, Mentis."

I open my textbook to the page to see the word Mentis with a detailed illustration of a brain.

"Now, how many of you in here are Mentis?" Professor Zeithman asks. Isa and me give each other a knowing look and raise our hands. We are the only ones. "Ah, we have two Mentis in here. That's great. Mentis are some of the most powerful types of Electra." And with that he launches into a large talk about Mentis Electra. Most of it is stuff I already know since I read the guide just about a hundred times.

I watch the man as he teaches in front of the class. He doesn't look like the type of man to be mind reader. Just to test, I start to think crazy things. NARWHALS AND UNICORNS! NARWHALS AND UNICORNS! Professor Zeithman shows no reaction but, Isa has a coughing fit. Okay so he's not a mind reader. He must one of the other Mentis classifactions. As he goes over the classifactions I compare each one to him to see if it fits.

Before I know it class is over. "Okay, remember to study. Tommorow we will have a quiz. Class dismissed." Professor Zeithman says.

"Well, that was weird." Alice says once we are in the corridor.

"Definitely." Isa agrees. "He didn't think one thing during that class. He must be able to block his thoughts very well. I've never encountered anything like that before."

"I was trying to figure out his Electra." I tell them. "I couldn't honestly figure out anything."

"You got as much as I did." Isa says as we walk down the corridor.

"My wolf senses says there is something very shady about him." Alice adds. "Especially the whole 'something urgent came up' part. Really, where is Professor Anil?"

"I don't know." Isa says. "But I don't like him."

As we talk, I can't help but agree.