Gnome Head

Tori's P.O.V.

     The ride back wasn't completely terrible. If I could get past the fact that Sera was drooling of Captain the whole ride it was actually pretty decent. I was glad when we had to drop her off on her next mission half way there. I swear that girl is a work-aholic!

     We pulled up to my drive way in my rusty old convertible. I pulled the keys out and the engine stopped rolling. "Alright Nomad grab your stuff and lets go." I called after him as I pulled myself out of the rusty vehicle. I opened the back and we both grabbed our luggage. He had one small black bag and I had one large black bag. 

     I started marching up the several layers of stairs there were that lead to my apartment. "I'm on the 5th floor room 29." I informed him, he just nodded his head and tagged along. 

     Once we reached my door I pulled out my keys and unlocked the flimsy wooden door, shoving it open with a little thud.(My door is a little wider then the frame) I threw the keys on the near by kitchen counter and placed my hands on my hips. 

     "Alright, well this is my place. It's a mess but if you have an opinion keep it to yourself because I don't care!" I stated, eyeing him a little as I finished. 

     I blew the stray piece of hair from my pony tail out of my face before I continued. "Until we meet up with Fury tomorrow and he gets you a room you will be sleeping on my couch. Let's see did I forget anything?" I mumbled the last part to myself. 

     "Oh!! I am pretty much allergic to EVERYTHING so all my food is weird and most likely not familiar to you." I informed him, clapping my hands together with an I don't care, I'm tired attitude. "Oh and I can't cook and I don't care if you think my food sucks cause I already know that." I said with a sarcastic smile on my face.

     It was a long flight and an annoying one at that. Plus he was kind of a grumpy old man acting like he deserves a break. Pff, who does this guy think he is??

     "Noted." He said with wide eyes as he slowly nodded his head. He looked like I had just talked to him in some foreign language. There was a bit of awkward silence, well at least for him. "Well goodnight!" I announced, heading to my room. 

     "Wait!" He lightly called. I turned around and opened my hands at my sides. "Thank you! Even if it's messy or you have weird food I really do appreciate it." He said warmly from across the room. "No problem, it's my job." I shrugged, he looked a little hurt but I was to tired to really notice it.

     I walked into my room and threw my bag onto the floor. Once the door was closed and locked I ripped off my clothes and quickly threw on some sweat pants and a tank top that covered me well. 

     Then I turned on my lamp and plopped myself onto my wrinkled and messed up bed. I used my 4 limbs to straighten out the blankets and sheets to my liking before I flopped my head backwards. My head hit the pillow and then I closed my eyes.

     Something about the way Steve said thank you gave me a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. Since before I joined S.H.I.E.L.D. and before my parents showed their hate. Something warm and fuzzy. Usually I just push that feeling away because I never know what to do with it but this one was different. I stayed longer then most. 

I'm probably just getting sick or something. I should feel back to normal in the morning.

     I reassured myself. Then I let sleep take over me, and slipped into dream land!

________________________________________________________________________________

     I felt a warm bright light leek into my eye lids. I let out a groan into my gray bed sheets and snaked my arms in between the comforter and the silk. "Stupid sun!" I complained with a pouty attitude.