The Air Vent

Tori's P.O.V.

Creak

     "Okay into the spooky closet we go!" I said sarcastically.

     I stepped over what appeared to be a lamp and shimmied around some boxes.

     "I didn't know Tony kept so much stuff!" Steve exclaimed, letting out a huff as he squeezed himself through to entrance.

     I looked back at him and half smiled. "Fun fact about my brother, he's a hoarder! Keeps everything he ever owns!"

     I heard Steve chuckle a few steps behind me. "Well I'll keep that in mind the next time Bucky's arm goes missing." I smiled to myself and jumped on top of a box.

     I un-folded the old cardboard and started rummaging through the contents.

     "So, remind we why we're doing this again?" Steve asked, along with the sound of glass breaking.

     I cringed though tried to focus going through my own box. "I'm not explaining it again Rogers." I muttered, tossing a plush Iron Man over my shoulder.

     "Why not?" He complained, another crashing sound being heard. 

     I whipped around to face him. "Because! I already explained the plan to the group and then to you twice on the way over here!" I grouched, turning around to continue rummaging through the box.

     "Well maybe I was trying to but got distracted with other things!!" He muttered, a thud and 'ooff' following his sentence.

     "Well who's fault was that?" I replied, throwing out a 'best billionaire boss' mug over y shoulder.

     "Ouch!" Steve whined. A smirk tugged at my lips. "What are you even doing back there?" I called, picking the box up and setting it on a pile next to me.

     "Trying not to get killed by these Christmas lights!" He huffed, my eyes lit up. 

     I spun around and hopped off the box I was on. He looked at me with big blue puppy dog eyes. Sure enough he was tangled head to toe in multi color Christmas lights.

     I placed my hand over my mouth to hid the smile on my lips. "Why did you plug them in?" I asked, trying to hid the chuckle in my voice.

     "Well I thought maybe having a little light would make it easier to see where they were tangled." He replied meekly.

     I was unable to hid the laugh and stepped closer to him. "Come here!" He shuffled  closer to me and I grabbed the nearest wire.

     I brought it up to I eye and inspected it. No cuts, seemed fairly strong, and the connection points were in place.

     "Yep this will do, this won't hurt a bit." I told him, forcing a smile on my lips. He nodded his head and took in a breath.

YANK!!

     "It worked!" I said, grin plastered on my face and lights in hand. He let out a groan into the dust covered carpet. 

     "Come on old man, help me sort through some boxes over here." I called, making my way around the crowded storage closet.

30 Minutes later

     "Alright lets go through the inventory!" I said, wiping the sweat from my forehead and placing my hands on my hips.

     "Ha, inven-Tori." Steve muttered to himself.

     My shoulders dropped and I glared at him. "Wow, you're a comedy genius!"