Making A Deal With The Devil

Steve's P.O.V.

     She felt so cold in my arms. Her body lay across my legs and her head rested against my chest. The only thing I could focus on was her breathing. It was labored and shallow but it was still there.

     Her perfect blue eyes were squinted shut and her face was dowsed in sweatas though she had a fever. Dirt was scattered on her skin like everyone else. And her long curly hair was swept out of her pale face.

     I held her close to me in fear that if I let go she might not come back. She began to stir again, almost like she was scared of who I was. I held her tighter to keep her still so hopefully she would relax.

     Once she stopped the confusion on her pained face left and she calmed down. I stroked her soft hair and leaned into her ear. "Come back to me doll." I pleaded in a hush whisper.

     She groaned and turned into my chest. I let out a sigh and let the sadness leak into my soul. I kept thinking of what they could have done to her. They never came back for Sera so maybe they got what they wanted? Wanda said she didn't have her powers so it's possible they could have taken Tori's. 

     Though that doesn't explain the sleep, confusion, with the freezing temperature even though she's sweating like a dog. My head began to hurt at the thought and I concluded it didn't matter right now. There is nothing I can do.

     I rolled my shoulders back against the thick fabric suit. forcing my neck up I started to study the room. All the cells were about 5 feet by 5 feet. 6 feet tall and made of moss covered metal bars. They were backed up against each other and went around the cold room.

     Sam and Bucky were in the one I was leaning against. Scott was in the one across from me. Tony and Peter were in the one next to Scott were Tony was helping Peter sit up. Wanda and Strange were next to Bucky and Sam while Sera was the first one by the door.

     Bucky sat one the wall beside me while Sam had his arms crossed and stood as far away from Bucky as possible. Wanda and Strange sat beside each other and Scott passed his cell. Sera sat in silence, wiping her tears and trying to patch up her bleeding leg.

     "You good?" Tony muttered, standing to his feet. Peter nodded and held his broken ribs. Tony let out an angry huff. He passed quickly across his cell, running his hands through his hair as he did so. He began to mumble random things that didn't make any sense. 

     "Tony calm down." I instructed, now was not the place for a panic attack. He turned on his heal with wide brown eyes. "Calm down?? Calm down!?!" He yelled, smacking his hands against the metal bars.

     "I-I got to get home! I have to get Pepper! I have to find Brooke!! If they find her-!" I furrowed my eyebrows at the man's frantic word spree. "Woah woah woah, who's Brooke?" 

     He stopped in his words and glared the most ugly glare I've ever seen. "She's my daughter!" He roared, continuing to pace the cell. I lowered my head, knowing I hit a soft spot.

     I didn't know Tony had a daughter. I didn't even think he had ever been in a successful relationship. I needed more answers but now wasn't the time.

     He placed his hands in his hair and lowered himself to the ground. I studied him for a moment before speaking up. "How old is she?" I made sure to use a softer tone. 

     He sighed but didn't yell. "She's 15, almost 16." I nodded my head. "I didn't know."

     He scoffed and rested his head against the bars. "Only a few of the Avengers knew because I didn't want her becoming any bigger of a target than she already was." He explained with a scoff. "I paid a lot of money to keep the press off her tail so she could go to school like a normal kid." I listened patiently for him to continue.