Turning Against Each other

Tori's P.O.V.

     My eyes fluttered open, a haze still clouding my mind. I felt my chest ache as I scrambled up the energy to sit up straight.

     My hands pushed against the rough, hard ground. I clenched my eyes shut, trying to squint away the swimming of my vision.

     I let out a horse cough as the dust left my lungs before I opened my eyes.

     Through the strands of hair in my face I could see the street was littered with broken rocks and building. I looked closer and saw half my team in the same place I was.

     "You okay???" I heard a familiar voice yell. I quickly covered my ears and the ringing began.

     "Stop, stop yelling!" I complained, crushing my ears against my head.

     Thankfully the person listened and I opened one eye to see Steve.

Suprise Suprise

     He was crouched down beside me. Dust and sweat covering his face. "What happened?" I asked, before looking ahead of me.

     Steve started to speak but stopped once he saw what was 20 feet  in front of us.

     My blue eyes widened as Wanda lunged forward at Thanos. She flew just above the street and grabbed anything her red energy could reach.

     Thanos deflected each hit like it was nothing but she refused to stop.

     Thanos raised his glove and a green energy left it that hit her like a ton of bricks.

     She froze. Her arms were snapped back at her sides and her feet frozen before him.

     He sauntered forward, each step shaking the ground. Then he eyed her up and down.

     "You will do." He muttered aloud, though his voice echoed through the empty streets. It sure didn't help the pounding head ache I had.

     I looked up at Steve, hoping he would have an idea of what he meant.

     I squinted my eyes across the street and saw Thanos raise his glove once more.

     A red smoke like energy flew out from his fingers. It made a glass like screech as it moved.

     Then all at once it flew into Wanda. Her body shook violently before it stopped abruptly.

     The color was drained from her being. The youthful skin was now replaced with a grey and her once brown hair was composed of fifty shades of grey.

     Her clothes had almost a black-red color and her energy was a blood like sickening red.

     "Ready to comply." Her voice was a dark scratchy version of her own.

     "Bring me the mind stone." He paused to look at us with a evil smirk. "Do whatever you have to do."

     Chills flew down my spine and a rage filled my blood.

     Wanda slowly turned around to face us. She cracked her neck, eyes locking onto mine.

     My head snapped up to the man above me. "Steve!" He took the cue and covered us with his shield, wrapping his arms around my waist.

     We flew back a few feet, losing the shield along the way.

     My head was pounding as I rolled onto my back. I looked over to Steve, laying on the cement beside me.