Picking Up The Pieces

Tori's P.O.V.

     I scoffed, pushing myself off the hard granite floor.

     I straightened out my clothes that had started to ride up and grumbled a few things under my breath.

     A huff escaped my lips as I stopped limping in front of them and placed my hands on my hips.

     Sera stepped out of the line they had formed. I let myself smile because there was a time in there that I wondered if I would ever get one of her bear hugs again.

SLAP!!

     "I thought you were dead!!!" She yelled at me.

     My blue eyes widened as I held my enflamed cheek in shock.

     "I cried for you!! I had to keep fighting with the thought that I would never get to see you again!!" Sera kept yelling, the teams eyes following her as she paced the floor.

     "That is not acceptable!! You can't just drop off the face of the earth when things get rough Tori!!" Sera placed her hands on her hips.

     "I thought a raised you better then this!?" She fummed, swiping a piece of hair behind her ear before facing me once again.

     I stared into her brown eyes and studied her expression. Her hands were placed firmly on her hips. Her hair was ruffled and dirty. Her nose was scrunched up and lips were curled into a frown.

     "About a week ago someone broke onto my sanctum." Strange interupted, clapping his hand together and opening yet another portal.

       I looked to him and back to Sera. "This discusion, not over!" She warned bringing her fingers up to her eyes then at me.

     I held my hands up in surrender and followed her through the orange circle.

     "I went to approach it, not aware of what I was up against." He paused waiting for us all to come through the portal before sealing it up.

     "I thought it was just the average New York thief; I was wrong." He waved his yellow finger for us to follow him through the green field.

     There was a jello sound as we went through and my insides felt as though they were being ripped and squished back together.

     "Turns out Thanos had sent one of his goons to steal the infinity stone I protect,  among other things." His cape flew off his shoulders and held open the green field.

     "I deafeted him with a little work but then Thanos himself decided to show up." He informed in annoyance.

     We followed him down the hall of the New York sanctum and into the relic room. It was completely detroyed.

     "He destroyed my sanctum, as you can see, and took the Time Stone with him." He stopped in front of the large window and placed his hands on his hips.

     I studied the remains and saw there must have been plenty of chaos.

     "How come we never heard about this?" I asked, a little annoyed that I hadn't been informed.

     He turned around to look ne right in the eye. "Well unlike some people I like to keep my battles more discrete." 

     "Escu' me????" Sera squeaked.

Oh here we go.

     She swung her legs over one of the broken stands and walked through the glass shards.