Singing In The Rain

Tori's P.O.V.

     I tapped away at the screen. Me and Tony had retreated to the lab in search of ways we could beat Thanos. It was very big and bright, had nice smooth counter tops and a sleek tile floor.

      "Hey do you think that maybe there was some sort of unbalance in Sera's nervous system and that's why she's been heating up like a human torch for the past five hours?" 

     I looked to Tony and thought about it. "I suppose it's possible but highly unlikely." I continued to tamper with the hulk buster designs. I furrowed my brows and pursed my lips.

     The rolling of chair wheels filled my ears. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tony rolling behind me. "You know what I've always wondered?" He mused, twirling a drum stick in his hand. I glared at him momentarily. "What?"

     "How did you and Sera get your powers?"  I closed my eyes, not feeling like bringing back old memories. "It's a long story." I enlarged the image and brought it off the screen. 

     "Well right now we're traveling at the speed of light across the galaxy so, I got time." He raised his eyebrows, desperately trying to get under my skin.

     I focused on the blue prints swirling in front of me. "When I worked for S.H.I.E.L.D. I had one mission, Spy on the Avengers." Tony scoffed, I ignored him. 

     "Sera was my assigned partner. They paired me up with other people but I scared them away. Apparently I didn't work well with others." 

     This time he laughed I glared down at him. He was spinning in his chair like a little child. "I'm sorry, I can just imagine someone walking into a room and director Fury saying, 'This is Tori, your new partner'. You turn around and they scream like a banshee, running for their lives."

     I blinked.

     Grabbing the image I threw it back into the computer. "What do you want Tony?" He looked up at me like he was innocent as a baby. "I want to know your story."

     I scoffed and turned around to face him. "You're a smart man I'm pretty sure you figured out what happened in your lab that day." 

     He nodded his head, drumming on the chair arm. "Yep, the reactor we had hooked up to the scepter to try and contain it's energy, it malfunctions, explodes and BAM!!" He threw the drum stick at my face, retracting it before it could touch my skin.

     "Well if you already know then why are you asking me about it?" He spun around quickly and grinned at me. "Cause, I want to know why. Why you, what was the purpose?"

    I shrugged. "It was an accident. Pure coincidence." He quirked an eyebrow and leaned back into the chair. "Or was it?" I furrowed my eyebrows. 

     He leaned in close to me as if someone would hear us. "Let's not forget who the original owner of the weapon was." I let out a breath, realization hitting me.

     "Loki." He rose from his chair. "Me and Bruce worked with that thing day in and day out. None stop, then the second we walk away it explodes and you get powers? That's not just a coincidence." He grabbed a bag of blue berries and popped on in his mouth.

     I looked across the bright lab. "Even if it was given to us for a reason Loki couldn't have planned when it was going to explode." I said it partially to convince myself, it kind of made sense.

     "Maybe not. But now we got a mad titan on our hands who's blood thirsty to get his toys back." I averted my eyes to the floor, I almost didn't want to figure this out.