Nick Furry

Tori's P.O.V.

     Me and Steve hopped into my car in unison. I put the keys in and was about to drive off before he stopped me. "Whoa whoa whoa!!" He gave me the 'mom arm' and I looked at him both annoyed and confused. 

     "Safety first!" He said softly, gesturing towards the seat belt on my left. I nodded my head sarcastically and grabbed the leather belt to clip around my gray jeans and dark green fuzzy shirt.

     Once buckled I checked the rear view mirror and back window as I backed out so that I wouldn't hit anything. We exited the parking lot and soon sped across the black road. 

     I glanced at the former Captain a few times. He is very odd. He isn't like me or Sera. He is sweet and kind but firm, he seems pretty reliable but he was also kind of..... Sweet? Awkward? I don't even know! 

     Most of that I got from his files and snooping around but he's different in person. Shorter for sure but....There's just something about the way he innocently looks around the car and glances at me every now and then like a shy puppy.

     "Soooooo." Steve spoke up, popping his lips a few times. "What exactly is your job at S.H.I.E.L.D.?" He questioned lightly. "That's classified." I stated plainly, keeping my agent computer. This is my mission after all and if an Avenger knows I keep tabs on the Avengers 24/7 then it wouldn't be a secret any more.

     "Oh cool." He said, shrugging a little and brushing it off like it was a real answer. I cocked an eyebrow at him and rolled my eyes. A regular person wouldn't take that for an answer.

     I thought to soon because he spoke up again. "I mean like you can't even tell me what field you work in,(intelligence) or what you specialize in,(pfft everything) or.... I don't know anything?" He asked again. I couldn't decide what tone he was using but I just kept my eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.

     "I'm sorry I forgot you were a dinosaur. Classified, means that you don't get to know." I sassed with a dry tone in my voice. He scoffed and looked back at the road. "Alright then. Gosh you remind me of Tony." He muttered. My grip on the leather wheel tightened and my eyes widened. 

     I took in a long breath and let it out sharply. Don't fall into his trap! He just want's to prob you and if you show emotion your cover will be blown! I thought to myself, not taking my eyes off the road and the empty grass surrounding us.

     After a few minutes of deafening silence I noticed him flipping switches on my radio. "What are you doing?" I questioned, he looked up at me raising his eyes at me. "This isn't the radio is it?" He asked, ashamed and not surprised at the same time. 

     "No it is but why are you messing with it?" I asked, looking just into his blue eyes and no longer at the road. "Well. Because I thought some music would maybe lighten the mood a little." He offered with a smirk and a looked that made me feel like I was supposed to know that already. 

     I breathed out. "What station do you want?" I asked, giving up. He smiled and sat back into his seat. "How about.... Country?" He suggested with a small smirk. Oh of course he picks country! That's one of my favorite kind of music he just has to pick it!! I thought annoyed. 

     Reluctantly I turned the smooth knob and found the station.

Got a girl from the south side

Got braids in her hair

     "So do you not like music?" Steve asked as the song played on. 

First time I seen her walk by, man I 'bout fell off of my chair

     "No I like-" He cut me off. "You just don't like this taste." He said with a nod of the head. I furrowed my eye brows.