Deck The Halls

Tori's P.O.V.

     "So remind me how this all works again?" Sam asked, pulling at his face as he spoke.

     "She literally just explained it!!" Tony complained before I could snap at him.

     "The guys go in, she presses a button, boom they're out of the picture." Scott recited, dulling down my elaborate plan to stop Ross.

     "Wait hold up we no body ever mention killing people!" Steve said, a small amount of worry growing into his tone.

     "We're not killing anyone!!" Wanda hissed. I peered over my shoulder at the group, they were all wearing casual clothes. Wanda and Natasha looked just as sick of this fight as I was. 

     My annoyance was growing up my spine as the group bickered behind me. My shoulders scrunched into my neck and I felt my body tense.

     I tried to push away my annoyance and focused on the task at hand. My fingers went flying across the keyboard sending multiple codes to all the machines in the building.

     Suddenly thoughts of earlier today fluttered into my head. Kissing Steve, him holding me close.

Stop it I have to work!

     I thought angrily, furrowing my eyebrows. Though more I tried to avoid it the more it seemed to stick in my mind! I let out a deep growl in my throat  at my own thoughts, pounded on the keyboard harder.

     I was satisfied when it left and let my self relax the slightest. Then I felt a warm hand slid onto my shoulder. "We almost ready?" It asked, kneeling down beside me. 

     I looked at the reflection in the screen and saw that blonde hair and blue eyes. I swiped a piece of hair behind my ear. It was getting greasy because I hadn't been able to wash it in some time.

     "Yeah. Ross' men should be here any minute, we'll be ready for them." I told him, keeping my voice calm but on the inside I was reassuring myself. If something went wrong, it would be a fight for our lives-not that I couldn't handle that!"

     I felt his fingers lace through my own as he studied the screen. My body relaxed a little at his touch and I felt my cheeks threaten to heat up.

     Suddenly a red alert flashed across the screen. All the talking behind us was silenced and my body went into fight mode. "They're here." I announced, watching as the line of black cars flooded into the parking lot.

     The group took their places behind the lip of the rooftop. A few people pulled out sunglasses and slipped them over their eyes.

     The wind blew through my long hair as I peered over the top of my computer screen. The setting sun caught my eye as the pink and orange colors washed over the rooftop. 

     If the situation wasn't so serious I might crack a smile at the beautiful view. I uncrossed my legs and took a seat on my knees. Everyone took a spot on either side of me to see the line of cars flooding the lawn.

     I grabbed the small headset beside me and placed it on my head. The thin plastic wrapped around my hair covered my ears with the soft foam. I pulled the small speaker down by my mouth just in case I need to speak to anyone inside.

     Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sera climb onto the rooftop. Loki followed close behind and they both rushed over to take a seat behind the lip.

     Loki took a spot beside Steve who looked pretty attractive right now. The wind was blowing through his blonde hair and the setting sun was creating a glow on his skin.