Avoiding feelings

Tori's P.O.V. (Sorry about the mix up... writing 2 books at once🙃)

     "And that's the last of the place." I breathed out as we finished the tour. "It's all very impressive. You've really done a great job with the place." He said, resting his hands on his brown leather belt. "Yeah yeah save the praises for Fury I'm not all about that stuff." I complained, turning on my heel and heading for Fury's office. 

     "Wait up!" He called after me, running to catch up. It didn't take long and before I knew it he was in front of me. Show off. I looked past him and saw Sera walking his way. She had her head down and face scrunched as she marched towards Steve. "Hey Seraphine!  Oh- are you okay?" He asked in a concerned soft voice. 

    I rolled my eyes and started to pick up the pace as I walked by the twitterpated Sera and the clueless Capsicle. I don't even think she knew I was there. Sappy stuff, makes me sick.

     I knew deep down that in reality it hurt to think about emotions because of the way my parents treated me. After that I believed that if I felt no emotion no one would hurt me. Although lately, that has been hard. Plus having Sera as my best friend completely throws that idea out the window. 

     I reached Fury's door and I pushed the cool metal open. He looked up at me from his papers and then looked back down. It almost looked like he didn't move an inch from the last time I was here.

     "Did you lose Rogers to the ice cream in the break room." He asked in a dry tone, never looking up from his many files. "As far as he knows, we don't have a break room." I said with a smirk forming across my lips.

     "Ha." He chuckled out. Just then the door opened and a innocent Steve Rogers came shuffling in. "Oh good I got the right room!" He breathed out in relief. "You're a little late Rogers." He huffed closing his files and facing us. 

     "Good to see you too Nick!" Steve said with a cheery smile that just got on my nerves. How can he get away with that 24/7. "I have an assignment for the two of you." He announced. "Surprise surprise." Sarcasm dripped from my voice.

     "I have some more information for you on project sonahT." He said as he handed my a yellow file. I leaned over and took it from him. "There is some data from our satellites, things agents have collected. The usual." He informed as I skimmed over the file. "Who is... Stan Lee?" Clueless Steve asked. "He is our SDATA agent. Gets information from places no one else can go." Fury told him. Steve nodded his head slowly. 

     "Okay. And what am I doing on this project?" Steve asked, going into a more authoritative tone. "You are helping Tori decipher the information I have just given her. Some of it is hydra and you are our oldest contact. No offence." Fury told him, pulling out another file for himself to look at. 

     "None taken. Let's go." I answered for Steve and demanded. I walked out the door but Steve hesitated. "Is she always this intense?" He asked Fury who shrugged. "Depends on how much you piss her off."

________________________________________________________________________________

     "Okay thank you for your... Willingness but I work best alone so go watch football or something." I grunted with frustration. Steve asks way too many questions for my patience. 

     "No no I got it! Fury said I had to help you so that's what I'm going to do!" He insisted, taking the computer from my lap and plopping it onto mine. I looked down at the papers left on the couch and in my lap and took a deep breath. 

     "Yes but asking things like 'What's an infinity stone' 'Why did you send an old man into space?' 'Do you spy on me for a living' every 2 minutes!!! Is NOT helpful!" I said with raged eyes and nails formed like claws at my sides.