Helpping Steal the Lobster

Tori's P.O.V.

     The thin plastic brush slid across my lips with elegance. I paused and leaned back to look at myself fully in the mirror. 

     I had a silver eye shadow that dusted over my eyelid. With a small wing coming out of a thick line of eye liner.

     Overall I think I had done my makeup fairly well. I am not too big on it but it was here and I had time to kill so it couldn't hurt.

     The makeup and the dark red dress that clung to my slender body complemented my natural features well. My blue eyes looked like they had doubled and my curly hair flowed down my back ever to elegantly.

     Even though I looked okay, I could not wait to change into sweats and a T-shirt after this is over.

     I put each item of makeup back in it's place and looked into the mirror one last time. I puffed out my lips and adjusted my pony tail a bit.

     Then I spun around in my heels and waltzed out the door. 

     It didn't take to long to get across the small square room. There was little furniture but it was nice.

     I opened the skinny door only to find Steve coming out of his room. I tried to avoid eye contact and walk down the long hall.

     "Tori! Wow, you look....." He had caught me and was about to complement me. There was no escape. I turned around to face him, even in my heels his blonde hair was still far above my own brown locks.

     I forced a weak smile at his lose for words. 

I never should have done my makeup.

     "Awful I know, I'll just get out of your face so you don't have to look at me anymore." I said, hoping he would let me leave at that. My introvert had, had enough of people already on this trip. 

     Before I could walk away he grabbed my hand. It was warm in my own cold one. Also soft and gentle.

     "No it's not that at all!" I turned my neck to look back at him. He looked straight into my eyes with his crystal blue ones. "You look stunning, doll." His voice was soft and silky.

     I looked deeper into his blue eyes. He wasn't lying and that was the worst part. 

     I tried to open my mouth to respond but my heart battled to take over so I couldn't speak. 

     "Did you just call me doll?" Was the only thing I could whisper. His eyes widened for a second but lowered themselves back to normal.

     "I'm sorry." He said, his kindness and understanding hurt. I shook my head. "It's not your fault." I said with a weak smile.

     He returned the smile. Then and there was the first time that an awkward silence hurt my mind as it flew in different places for something to say.

     Then he cleared his throat and saved the day after what felt like hours. "So, since I complemented you and you said nothing in return I'm assuming the blue tux with the red tie was a bad idea." A smirk found the corners of his lips.

     A laugh escaped my lips and a smile flooded in. "No, No you look." I looked up from the floor and back up at his face. "Gr-Fine!" I finished with a smile and successfully stopped myself from giving complement.

     His smile faded. "Just fine?" He asked, holding out his hands and turning his head a bit. 

     I rolled my eyes. "You look good I guess." I joked, pushing his shoulder a bit. He laughed and I caught that contagious action.