Surrender

Tori's P.O.V.

     We were all seated around the long glass table in the skinny gray office. You could almost see the tension in the air through the silence. I slowly glared around the table to make sure everyone was here and seated.

     It was hard to keep my composure with Tony in the room. All the pain and sadness from my childhood flooded back to me all at once. I was both heartbroken and infuriated. It was a fiery yet cold as ice mixture of emotions. I knew I was being completely unprofessional but who cares at this point. 

     Drawing my attention back into reality I focused my eyes on Tony and took in  a deep breath.  He sat at the head of the table spinning side to side in his chair like a child. 

     "Where are the others?" I spoke up through the silence. I tried to find a cool calm voice to use as I spoke.

     "Back at the compound, uh, what's it to you?" Tony spat back, spinning a little in his chair. I let out a small huff of annoyance. "I need their help. As much as I dislike you and everything you stand for, I need your help." I responded dryly, glaring at him again. I noticed the bruise above his facial hair and below his hazel eyes was still in full bloom.

     "Mhm well you still haven't told me what you need my help for so unless you do, I push this button and Ross's men are in here in 5 minutes." He responded, pulling out a red button from his pocket.

      I eyed the small silver box with a red knob. I thought through all my options and settled on the best course of action. 

     "Thanos. He is a mad titan who is after the infinity stones and our intelligence has informed us he only needs one more before he has all the pieces to his plan and he destroys the universe." I informed him, boiling over a bit.

     Tony leaned back in his chair and thought about everything I informed him for a moment. "Yeah I'm not buying it!" He pushed the button and it started blinking red.

     My eyes locked onto him like a target and I felt the rage pour through my veins. I sprung out of my chair and leaped onto the table. He saw me coming and transformed his red and golden watch into his Iron hand. He fired a shot at me but a dodged it and it landed in the grey wall behind me. 

     Once I reached him I jumped off the table and in front of him. He fired more blasts at me but I easily dodged every one of them. That's when chaos broke loose. 

     Ross's men came crashing through the glass windows and onto the floor.From what I saw they were dressed in black uniforms and had stun guns. Everyone at the table started to stir and I knew Sera had gotten into the fight already. 

     Though I ignored them as much as I could.

     I grabbed Tony's metal wrist and twisted it behind his back. "You are so going to regret that choice." I whispered in his hair. I could almost feel him roll his eyes as he smacked my forehead with the back of his head. Not only did the impact travel through my brain and into my neck but his poky brown hair stabbed my eyes. 

     "Yeah, I don't think so sweet heart." He shot back, holding his wrist in his other hand. I shook my head and refocused onto him. I threw punches, kicks, jabs, anything that came to mind. I was more trained then he was so I wasn't losing. Though my anger and satisfaction at being allowed to kick his butt clouded my vision so my work was sloppy.

     He deflected my attacks but I was able to land a few of them to his face and gut. He caught my wrist and twisted my arms around my head. 

     "If you just listen!" I grumbled. "And got past your pride!" I continued, spinning out of his grip. "You would see that weather or not I'm right, this needs to be stopped." I said through pants, though I still had my hands up ready to fight.