Nerds

While we were up in our room watching a movie, Kaitlyn brought up an interesting conversation starter. 

"Do you like him?" 

"Who? Bo?" 

"Yeah."

"Umm..."

"You know you do, because that was your first guess." Hailey said, smiling. 

"Sigh." I said "Yeah... I always have. I just forgot about it until I finally got to see him again." 

"Awwwwww." They both said in unison. 

"So are you going to invite him over?!" Kaitlyn asked. 

"I don't know. I'll probably wait for you guys to leave before I do." 

"Why? So you guys can-" 

"No." 

"Hey... Just a guess." 

We sat there for a few minutes. "I guess I can call him and find out. Do you want to see if he can stay the night? In a separate room; Kaitlyn." I glared over at her. She shrugged and Hailey laughed. 

"Yes. You should definitely do that." Hailey replied. 

"Alright." I said, walking across my room and grabbing my phone off the charger. I went and sat down on the bed in between the two of them. Hailey paused the movie and Kaitlyn watched me eagerly as I went through my contact until I found his name. 

"Put it on speaker." Hailey whispered as it rang. I pressed the speaker button and almost immediately the ringing stopped and a familiar voice started talking. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey. It's Kacie." 

"Oh, hey. Sorry. I was almost asleep." 

"Oh, sorry." 

"It's only 7:30" Whispered Kaitlyn. 

I shrugged. "No. It's fine." He replied. 

"Why are you going to bed so early?" 

"Because. You guys wore me out with all the walking." He said, letting out his adorable laugh. 

"Sorry? I'm not tired. Maybe you just need more sleep." 

"Maybe... Probably not." 

"Well, are your parents still awake?" 

"Probably. Why?"

"Because I was wondering if you wanted to come over for the night. Stay in the guest room like last time." 

"Um. Sure? Aren't your friends still there?" 

"Yeah. We all sleep in my bed anyway." 

"Oh. Well, I'll go ask. Be right back." 

"Okay." 

He set the phone down, and I muted the microphone. Hailey let out an, "Ah!" 

"Wha?!" I yelled back. 

"He's probably going to come over and you guys can cuddle! I won't mind if you leave our bed for his." 

"I agree." Kaitlyn said back. 

"No. I won't. It'll be weird... As nice as it sounds." 

"Hello?" I heard come from the phone. 

I quickly un-muted the mic again. "Hi."

"They said I could. When do you want me over?" 

"Oh. I don't know. I'll go ask my parents." 

"Okay."