Egghead

The day went by so much faster once my "secret" got out to my friends. I was sat next to a stranger on the bus, which was never my favorite thing to do.

Once I reached the safety of my own home, I was greeted by Odin with lots of jumping and licking. I let him outside and got the mail and came inside as usual, giving my cat some affectionate pets before realizing how badly I had to pee. I quickly ran up the stairs and closed the door behind me, removing my phone from my pocket before I sat down so it wouldn't fall in the toilet. I looked down at my phone and went to my messages. I had one message from Kaitlyn, one message from Bo, and one message from Hailey. Kaitlyn's read, "HAVING FUN WITH BOBO?" I sighed and shook my head without replying. Hailey's message was almost exactly the same, just spastic, with, "How's Bo?" And Bo's message read. "How was school?" I gave a smile and finally replied.

Me: Pretty okay. how bout u?

Bo: Okay. Sean was pretty crazy so... that was entertaining.

Me: Shocker.

Bo: U busy 2nite?

Me: Not that I know of. Why?

Bo: We're making a spaghetti dinner and my fam invited yours over.

Me: Ok. I'll ask when one of them get home.

Bo: Ok. What're u doin?

I looked around the bathroom.

Me: Sitting down. What about u?

Bo: nothing. waiting for an answer.

Me: Ok. I think my dad just got home. ttyl.

Bo: Ok. Bye.

I put my phone away and came out of the bathroom, looking down into my living room to see my dad getting mauled with licks from Odin. 

"Hellooooo."He called out, somehow knowing I was there. 

I replied with yet another "Hellooooo."

"How was fool, school?"

"Good. How was work?"

"Oh boy... TONS of money."

"Woot." We both laughed and I remembered I was going to ask him about dinner. "Oi!" I said to get his attention.

"Oi?" He replied.

"So, Bo's family invited us over for dinner."

"How very nice."

"So... can we go?"

"I don't know... You know how busy we are." He rolled his eyes. "Probably. I'll text your mother and make sure we don't have plans."

"Alrighty."

"I'll be back." He said as he made his way to the bathroom.

I excitedly ran up to my room and plopped down on my bed, nearly crushing my cat. She let out a weird meow as I pet her head. I took a deep breath and called Bo. The phone rang for a few seconds until he finally answered with a "Hellooooo?"

"Hi.." I said through my excitement.

"So... What's up?"

"Clear up some spots for us at your dinner table."

"YES. Okay!"

"When do you want us over?"

"Hmmm..." He paused. "6:00-ish?"

I glanced over at my clock 4:37. "Okay. My mom might be a little late because of work though."

"That's cool."