|•III•|

~Zodia's POV~

Luna and I had made it safely out of the city. Both of us were worn out from the long trek. Our clothes were ripped and dirty in multiple spots. Silence was all around us as we walked down the roads of Leide. Stopping for a small break, I noticed Luna was gripping something tightly.

"Luna, may I ask what you are carrying?"

She smiled, opening her hand to show me. I gasped when I recognized the object. "The Ring of Lucii."

"Yes, His Majesty entrusted it to me moments before all fell into chaos. I promised to deliver it to Noctis."

"At least the Empire doesn't have their hands on it. Who knows what hell they would raise if it were in their grasp."

"I shall deliver it to him when the time comes."

Our conversation was interrupted by a barking Umbra. Luna kneeled before the small dog and smiled beautifully at him. She unveiled a notebook with a red cover and an intricate design on the front. Not wishing to pry, I took a few steps back and left her with Umbra and the notebook.

"Shall I tell Noctis of your well-being? I'm sure he's more worried about you since the attack," she asked sweetly.

"Would it be alright if I sent a small trinket of mine?"

"Of course, Zodia. What would you like to send?"

I pulled out the hairpin and gazed at the beautiful ornament.

It was the first present Ignis ever gave to me. That was when we first met and he began our first lesson together. Since then, we've been inseparable and the hairpin has never left my hair. The small gems decorating the edges glistened in the sun as I handed it over to Umbra.

"Please, give this to Ignis. This'll ease his and everyone else's worry for me."

Umbra wags his tail and accepts the hairpin. Luna also hands over the notebook and Umbra takes off. A feeling of desperation rises in my chest as my mind wandered to Ignis. Clutching a hand over my heart, I gaze up at the beautiful blue sky above. "I know I'll get to see you soon," I whisper.

Ending our break, we continue our trek through the hot region of Leide. Exhaustion ate away at our beings as the sun sets and is replaced by the vast moon. Our travels led us to a small outpost and we decided to rest for the night. I woke up in the middle of the night and walked around the outpost. A huge sign that read 'Hammerhead' caught my attention.

"You okay, darlin'?" Hearing a concerned voice, I looked behind me.

"Oh, yes. I just woke up in the middle of the night. That's all."

The woman's eyes widened when she began to scan over my body. She suddenly gasped and took my hands in hers. "Ya wouldn't happen to be the Prince's sister, would ya?"