|•LIV•|

~Zodia's POV~

Caressing Ignis' cheeks, the sensation of his warm tears hit my skin. When he covered my hand with his, the warmth of his touch made me smile from ear to ear. It has been three long years since I have felt this peaceful. "I hope my sudden appearance hasn't given you a heart attack."

He took his mask off. "Quite the opposite. You have restored my heart to full." Ignis smiles, leaning down to my height and kissing me passionately. My hand dropped from his face just as he wrapped both of his arms around my waist and pulled me flush against his body. One of his hands snaked up my back and found the back of my neck. With our new position, Ignis deepens the kiss. My eyes slowly close at the heavenly sensation of his lips against mine. I latched onto the jacket of his tuxedo and let myself drown in ecstasy.

After the intense kiss, Ignis rested his forehead against mine and stared into my azure eyes with endearment. The smile across his face grew as I pecked him on the nose. He refused to let go of me as we chatted. "I'm so sorry for the pain I caused you and the others through these three years. That day in Altissia, after I put you to sleep, I learned of the future from Capricorn. Once I learned of the sacrifice Noctis would have to make, I decided to seek out Pisces. With plenty of begging, he taught me a forbidden spell that summoned a single Astral. That's when I traded my blood for my brother's life."

"You're here now. A miracle such as this does not occur every day," he said, placing a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Why don't we go surprise the others? I'm sure they'll be just as surprised as you," I beam.

Ignis nods and takes my mask, placing it back on my face. Wishing to keep up the festivities, he put his mask back on, as well. He offered me his arm and I gladly held on to him. We return to the ballroom and search for Noctis, Prompto, and Gladio. The three were chatting together as Luna was dancing with guests. Gladio spotted us first, his eyes falling upon me. "I see you found someone. Not to mention, a beautiful woman at that."

"Oh! I saw you both dancing together! I snapped a few shots," Prompto beams.

"I didn't know you could dance so well, Speccy," Noctis snickers.

"Only possible if your partner is equally as skillful," Ignis compliments as he and I exchange glances. "I do desire to discuss private matters with the five of us."

"Uh, sure. Let's go to the room down the hall," Noctis said.

Shuffling our way out of the ballroom, we make it to a quiet room with no prying eyes. All of us were silent, but the three confused men were eyeing me suspiciously. Even though they were my friends and brother, it felt very suffocating. Unconsciously, I clung tighter to Ignis and pressed my body against his. He took note of my nature and sent a small warning to them. "Gentlemen, it is discourteous to gawk."

"Sorry, but why is she here?" Gladio asked with a tinge of anger. "What's so private that you have to bring a complete stranger along?"

"Hey, don't be so mean! You're the one who said Iggy should find someone tonight," Prompto came to Ignis' and my defense.

"I just said to find someone else so he could get over Zodia," Gladio remarks.

"It seems your anger still gets the best of you," I retort.

"'Still'? You talk as if you've known me for years when this is the first time I've met you. I don't even know your name, sweetheart," Gladio snarls.

"Gladiolus," Ignis growls lowly with a sharp glare.

"Calm down, Gladio," Noctis said to the shield.

"Yes, please do because the moment I remove my mask, you're going to regret your words," I warn.