|•XXII•|

~Zodia's POV~

Reaching the outside, I wanted to fall on the ground in relief. I opened my arms to welcome the warmth of the sun and the environment around me that was untainted by creaking machines. I took in a deep breath before letting it spill out in a sigh. "I'm so glad to be out of there."

"Indeed," Ignis agrees.

The trio that was missing from our entourage were waiting at the car. As I came into view, the three eyed me with concern. Confused, I tilted my head to the side. "What's with the worried looks? You didn't trust Iggy to come and help me?"

"Far from it, actually. We were afraid by the time he got to you, they would've already attacked," Noctis said.

"Yeah, and also that strange wave of magic came from your direction. Did you cast a spell while we were gone?" Prompto questioned. I shook my head and tried to think of a reason why they felt the magical pulse and I did not. I fell deep into thought until I was able to think of one explanation. "It's possible my meeting with Taurus caused a strong resonance of magic because he is the first zodiac I was able to call upon. My bond with him may be stronger than with the other zodiacs because of what transpired during the treaty signing."

"And that strong resonance caused the MTs to awaken," Gladio adds. I nod, crossing my arms over my chest.

"But, why were ruined MTs down there?" Prompto asked.

"Who knows what the empire has been doing behind our backs," Noctis said.

"It's highly probable the empire has been using the mines as a discarding site for malfunctioning Magiteks," Ignis states.

I clap my hands together and glance between the four of them. "It's over now. I seriously doubt anyone will be entering anytime soon. Let's find a haven near Costlemark Tower."

"You sure? I thought that spell drained you." Gladio glances at me with concern.

I nod with closed eyes. "I'm fine. Entering the zodiac ruins replenished my whole body."

With all in agreement, we depart from the mines and head back to Hammerhead. Another hour passed before the Regalia was done with repairs and inspection. In that time, we decided to eat before heading out.

Finally arriving at Oathe Haven, Gladio set up the tent while Noctis and Prompto set the chairs around the warm fire. Ignis and I did our routine of setting up the stove and table together for when we would need to cook.

Complete with setting up camp, we sat around the fire together. I fiddled with my fingers, trying to decide when I should tell everyone about Costlemark Tower. Suddenly, a gloved hand was placed over mine, gingerly encasing them in warmth. Slowly, I raise my eyes from the ground to meet emerald irises. "What is causing you to delve into deep thought?"

"I-I... u-um... I should tell you about our next stop," I admit. After my words reached everyone, they gazed directly at me. "The Tower's entrance can only be accessed at night. Also, the reason why we are here and not at a royal tomb is because a horde of daemons took the weapon and now they reside here."

Noctis leaned back in his chair at my explanation. "Better to know now than ending up at a ransacked tomb. This means we have to wait for another eight hours before the entrance opens."

"We should rest. Our previous trip to the mines siphoned a day out of us," Ignis said. No one argues with the advisor as we head to the tent for a few hours of rest. Being the gentleman he is, Ignis placed me on the end instead of between him and Prompto. I had fallen asleep with one of Ignis' arms laid across my hip only a few minutes after finally getting comfortable.