|•XLI•|

~Zodia's POV~

The next morning, I woke up before Ignis and shuffled silently out of our shared bunkbed. Leaving the boys to their rest, I head to the dining car and enjoy a warm cup of tea. As the kind old man behind the counter poured me another cup, he smiled and gestured to my necklace. "So, you're the young lady that had the spectacled man so dazed."

"Ignis? How do you know I'm with him?" I ask.

"The necklace. I saw him trying to fix the chain, but it was missing a few pieces. I offered mine and he accepted it. Well, I more or less forced it upon him when he tried to deny it. In exchange, I made him promise to return the necklace to you as soon as possible. Glad to see you got it back, young lady."

"I should be thanking you for the new chain. Can I get a name?" I inquire.

"Name's Amos. Now, may I know the name of the lovely lady sittin' in front of me?"

"Zodia. The man you were talking about is my fiancé, Ignis."

"Ah, you've yet to become his wife. I teased the young lad and called you his wife. He didn't even try to deny it. It only made him smile from ear to ear."

"Once our journey is over with, we'll finally be able to plan our wedding. Every time I think about it, I get exhilarated. He's been by my side for twelve years."

Amos smiled and chuckled lightly. "I'm jealous of the man! You're kindness and gentle voice remind me of my late wife. We planned our wedding together and no one could shut us up!"

"I'm sure she's watching over you with a smile, Amos. You may not be able to see her, but you know she's there." I smile softly at him.

"You're right, Zodia. She'll always be by my side, no matter where I go. Once we're reunited, we'll even annoy the gods with our rambling," Amos laughs with a gentle smile. He leaves with a small nod to make more tea for the other passengers.

The door to the dining car opened, Noctis standing on the other side. I stare at my brother with an arched brow. "What're you doing up this early in the morning?"

"I don't even know myself. Just opened my eyes and felt great. I didn't feel the urge to go back to sleep and I decided to look for you," he admits.

The two of us claim a small table and chat while Amos refilled my tea every now and then and gave Noctis a glass of water. We laughed, sighed, and sneered together as we reminisced in the past and present. I even got him to blush for an entire twenty minutes when I mentioned Luna.

Hours had passed by quickly as we talked. It was well around noon by the time we saw Prompto dash into the dining car. He comes running by, then tries to stop and slips when he realizes he had passed us. "Whoa! There you two are! Did you see this? It's unreal!" He points to something outside the window. Looking out the window, I stare at the snowy mountain range and the strange mist shrouding it. "Yeah. Never seen anything like it. Doesn't make any sense," Noctis said.

"Neither have I," I admit.

Suddenly, I felt a shiver shoot down my spine. Noctis felt the same thing and we looked around. The other passengers were frozen, not even moving an inch. "Prompto-" I glanced to where I last saw the boy only to find he was missing.

Noctis got to his feet and scanned the car again. "What's going on?"

"It's a real mystery."

Noctis and I eyed the person behind the comment. Ardyn stood behind my brother where Prompto once stood. "I'm not liking that snow cloud. Kind of gives me the chills. Like, who comes up with this stuff? I couldn't dream something like this if I tried. It's a wondrous world."