|•XIX•|

~Zodia's POV~

Glaring past the Magiteks, I saw Brigadier General of theNiflheim army-Loqi. A grin was plastered to the general's face as he stepped forward, pushing past his Magiteks forces. "So, the princess has flown from her cage and wanders the land of Lucis without companions. A bold but idiotic move, Your Majesty."

"It seems your dear empire has yet to fill you in. Such a shame. They must think of you as nothing but dirt," I taunt. Loqi clicks his tongue in annoyance, my words affecting him immediately. "Get her!" He shouts.

"Zodia!" Talcott shouts. I glance over my shoulder to send him a smile to reassure him. Turning my attention forward, my view was obstructed by Magiteks. With a quick tap of my staff, a shockwave knocks all the enemy forces to the ground. Loqi was appalled at the sudden spell I had casted on him and his forces.

"Now, dear general, I will only say this once-leave." Magic flowed from my staff, creating a breeze that caused my hair to blow around my form.

"And I will only answer once-never!" He hollers once his shock wears off.

"Suit yourself, Loqi. For I will make sure you are no longer a thorn in anyone's side again."

Raising my staff, I reiterate the incantation that was written on the page of the grimoire found at the Disc. The wind surrounding my body created a strong vortex with a bright blue light. Gazing upwards, I finish the incantation and the vortex and blue light infuse, forming a beautiful dragon.

 Gazing upwards, I finish the incantation and the vortex and blue light infuse, forming a beautiful dragon

Loqi and his fleet stared with fearful eyes as they scrambled to back away from the majestic beast. The dragon roars, bearing its teeth to the imperials. In a swift motion, the beast coils its body around them. Loqi barked orders with a shaky voice, but it was drowned out by another deafening roar. Raising its head, the creature opens its large mouth as blue flames erupted from its throat. The only scream I heard was from Loqi as the flames burned him and his MTs.

"Stop," I command the dragon. The flames cease and the creature returns to my side. "I will not kill this man yet. He will pay for his crimes later. For now, he can crawl home and inform his superiors of what transpired here." With that, the dragon nods and vanishes into thin air with no trace except for the piles of Magitek ashes. Loqi returned to his ship and flew away within minutes. I took a deep breath and exhaled before returning to Talcott and Skye.

"That was awesome!" The young boy chants as I mount the bird. I pat him on the head with a smile and guide us back to Lestallum.

By the time we reached the city, it was already eight o'clock. The sun had been vanquished by the night and the moon took its place in the sky. I sent Skye off with a thankful smile before we headed back to the Leville. Iris was in the lobby and she greeted us with her famous smile. Talcott yawned and stretched his arms upwards. The cactuar figurine was still in his hand as Iris took him upstairs. I headed to my and Iris' room to clean up. As I was splashing water on my face, a reflection in the mirror caught my attention.