|•LIII•|

A/n: Since I left y'all in a crying mess, along with myself, here's a happy chapter! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••••
~3rd Person POV~

The masquerade was only an hour away. Noctis had sent Ignis back to his room once he saw the man had lost track of time as he put the last touches on his dishes before sending them out to the ballroom. Entering his room, there was an unfamiliar tuxedo lying on his bed with a small note on top of it. Reading the note, he recognized Noctis' handwriting and wording from anywhere.

Just wear it

Ignis chuckled at the simplistic note before moving to the tuxedo. Instead of a basic black one, the suit had silver accents across the back and around the cuffs. There was even a few silver markings near the jacket's hem, creating a beautiful pattern.

Doing as the note commanded, Ignis put on the outfit and found it fit him perfectly. After adjusting the suit, he turned to his nightstand and grabbed his mask. As his fingers grazed over the mask's design, his eyes locked onto the pictures of Zodia. With help from Gladio, he was able to find two perfect frames that suited the photos. He smiled gingerly, his eyes never leaving her beautiful form. "Do remain at my side tonight, my love. For I may need to be extricated from your stubborn brother's side."

Checking the time, Ignis took note he had another forty-five minutes to spare. Not wishing to wallow away the time in his room, he left and headed to the ballroom with his mask already concealing his identity. The ballroom was more vast than he remembered as he entered the grand doors.

Without needing to see past their masks, he could already tell where Prompto and Gladio were

Without needing to see past their masks, he could already tell where Prompto and Gladio were. Noctis and Luna were standing on the balcony as the Queen was trying to make the King eat a few vegetables from his dishes. The sight brought a smirk to his lips as Noctis caved in and ate the vegetables.

"Nice tux, Iggy," Gladio compliments as the royal advisor joins his friends.

"A provision of Noct's," Ignis admits.

"What?! How come he didn't lend me a tux?! No fair!" Prompto feigns a childish pout.

"You didn't bust your ass like he did with preparations. Most of the time, you snuck away," Gladio remarks.

"Unlike you, I'm not used to these type of events. I've only known Noct since high school. Not like I was invited to any events at the Citadel even though we are best friends," Prompto defends. A question struck the man as he adjusted his mask. "Didn't Zodia attend the balls and banquets along with Noct?"

Ignis shook his head. "King Regis forbade her from attending all social events within the Citadel."

"Geez, that's kinda harsh," Prompto murmurs.

"Wasn't like he wanted to. If the public figured out that Lucis also had a princess, the news would spread like a wildfire. I seriously doubt the empire would've just sat back after hearing about Zodia. It would've painted a huge target on her back," Gladio said. "Not to mention, she was severely ill. She couldn't go a day without coughing up blood."