|•XXV•|

~Zodia's POV~

Reaching the middle of the Vesperpool, we were able to see the blue light emitting from beneath. As Navyth had said, no wildlife was around and the ones that got too close immediately scurried away from the light. The energy resonating from the sleeping zodiac filled the air around us, infusing me with mana.

I peered over the edge of the boat and stared into the water. "Definitely a zodiac."

"Don't tell me you plan on jumpin' in and swimming?" Gladio grabbed my attention.

"There's no other way, Gladio."

The shield then looked at Ignis to see what he thought of the situation. "You're goin' along with this, too?"

Ignis' expression didn't waver as he met Gladio's intense gaze with his own. "I am against the treacherous endeavor, but... I am also aware she must do this."

The reluctancy in Gladio's figure was clear as day. He tried to come up with a reason for me not to do this but couldn't. "If only Noct were just like you..."

I smile at the shield and place a hand on his arm. "Give him time. He'll be ready when the time comes. Not even I can comprehend all of what has transpired in the past few months."

He lets out a heavy sigh before meeting my gaze. "Yeah, you're right."

I got to my feet slowly with help from Ignis. We were able to stop the boat from tipping over when I stepped on the rim of the dingy. "I'm not sure how deep it is, but I'm hoping it's not too deep."

Ignis' grip on my hand tightened in reassurance. "If you do not resurface within a few minutes, one of us will dive in after you."

"Hopefully, that won't happen. This is a zodiac we're talking about," I said.

"As do I."

"Alright, let's see who's sleeping in this lake." Taking a deep breath, I dive into the water. Once the liquid makes contact with my skin, I felt the cold embrace of it. The water was much colder than I anticipated and hoped this wouldn't take long.

Spotting the blue orb, I pushed through the pain of the cold to reach it. As my hand made contact, the light radiating from the orb intensified. With the light gone, I gazed at the zodiac before me.

 With the light gone, I gazed at the zodiac before me

Cancer, the fourth zodiac took ahold of my hand.

You must return to the surface. I shall see you soon, Daughter.

Hearing his voice inside my head was shocking but calming at the same time. Though a short meeting, I knew from his words that we would meet very soon. Cancer vanished with a smile and left me with his charm.