Chapter Two

Hey, Thanks for continuing to read this story:) I want to dedicate this part to  BringTheButterKnife. Check out her stories, they're amazing. All rights for the idea go to Veronica Roth. 

An hour later, Uriah and I are sitting together at the Choosing Ceremony while we watch everyone choose. 

There is an Abnegation transfer with dark blue eyes who transfers to Dauntless, we all cheer for him and he sits at the front, making eye contact with me and staring at me kind of like I'm an alien. When I look he looks away, shyly. 

There is another boy from Erudite called Eric who transfers to dauntless, he looks menacing, unlike the stiff. He winks at me and I scoff. Then it's Zeke turn to choose and he smiles as he drips his blood into the coals. Uriah and I's screams can be heard over the rest of the cheers as he sits next to the Abnegation transfer who shakes his hand rather awkwardly, I don't think hand-shaking is something stiffs really do.

Then we all run to the trains and I get in a cart with Uriah, Zeke, Amar, Tori, Eric and the stiff. Amar will be training the initiates this year. The train ride is long and boring, but I can tell it goes fast for the transfers, not knowing what comes next. 

When I see the roof we're about to jump on, I get up from where I'm sitting and say "Time to jump" to no one in particular. I can hear whispers form the transfers in the crowd. One Amity girl, is hiding in a corner, I doubt she'll jump. She'll stay on the train and become factionless, that's just how it works. I see people from the carts in front of us jump and pull Uriah up. We jump together, both landing on our feet from years of practice.

All of the transfers and even some dauntless borns fall over once they've jumped. And just like I had predicted, the Amity girl, in her bright yellow dress, stays in the cart. She is now factionless. Homeless. Uriah, Zeke and I walk to the rooftop together, where Max is waiting, ready to welcome his new initiates. 

Max asks the initiates who wants to jump first and Uriah and I push Zeke forward, when he gets onto the ledge he misjudges the width of it and falls off. The initiates gasp in worry but Uriah and I laugh and Amar says "Your never gonna let him forget that are you?" We shake our heads while laughing hysterically and then we jump off and meet Zeke at the bottom. Before we can say anything he says "Shutup."