Chapter 14

Hey, how are you guys? thanks for reading. please vote and comment to let me know what you think. Didn't get a chance to proofread this, so let me know if you pick up any errors and i'll go fix them, so they're correct for future readers. Thanks

- Rosie:) 

Tris POV:

Eric is at the door asking Four for his camera and I am eating cake in the kitchen where the camera is. Lovely. I put down my plate as Eric walks in. He says "Tris, what are you doing here?"

I say "Eating cake, why do you care?" 

He ignores me and pulls the camera out of its socket before leaving the room. Once he's gone, neither Four nor I speak. 

After a while of sitting in silence, I begin to clean up the mess we made. Four insists that he cleans it because it is his apartment. But I was the one who made most of the mess so I insist on at least helping him. 

Once we're done cleaning up the mess, we head outside to see if Zeke and Uriah are back from zip-lining. I see the train in the distance and also notice that it is raining heavily outside. 

I say to Four "Ooooh its raining out. Lucky we didn't go. Zeke and Uri are going to get stuck in it after jumping off the train though."

He then says "I'm pretty sure they new it was raining when they decided to go zip lining off of a one hundred story building" 

I laugh and we walk to the pit where my brothers will meet us. They come in soaking with paint all over them. They must have decided to play with the paint ball guns again. 

They get some weird looks from the transfers who had a night off. Most of them are shopping or getting tattoos. That reminds me that I'm working in the tattoo parlour tonight. Great.

We greet my brothers and then I say to the three of them "I'll see you guys later I have to go to the tattoo parlour" They all say some form of goodbye and I make my way to the parlour.

As I expected, it's full of transfers and even some dauntless born initiates. I can see why Tori and Bud need the help tonight. I take a seat at my station and call up the next initiate waiting in line, a tall, former Erudite who I immediately recognise as Edward Hayes. 

I say "Hello Hayes, choose a tattoo and take a seat." 

He smiles nervously and hands me a tattoo of the dauntless crest, pretty common for initiates. "On my shoulder blade please." He says

"Got it." I respond. 

"Um, will this hurt much?" he asks sheepishly. I chuckle and say "Not as much as the training you have ahead of you, but yeh it'll take a few days before you can feel your shoulder." 

He looks scared and hesitant but nods and sits on the chair. I get the tattoo ready and say to him "Take off your shirt, Hayes" 

I hear a dauntless born in the line say "Go Nose!" a stupid nickname dauntless have for the Erudite. 

He takes his shirt off and I administer the tattoo. After he's finished he thanks me. Regrettably, the next person in line is that rude Dauntless kid from before. He walks up to me and hands me a tattoo of flames. 

He says "On my ribcage please"

I nod and he takes his shirt off and sits on the chair "Like what you see?" he asks 

"Not particularly. You sure you want this on your ribcage? It's possibly the most painful place to get it. Won't treat you well during initiation." 

He says "Come on, I'm dauntless I can take the pain." 

I roll my eyes and administer the tattoo. It takes a while because it goes across his whole ribcage. 

I tattoo a few more people before my shift is over. I grab my leather jacket and say bye to Tori and Bud. When I walk outside, Zeke, Uriah and Four are waiting for me. Zeke and Uriah are both smiling like idiots. I give them a questioning look and Four says "I told them." Oh.