Chapter 20

Hey, sorry for my lack of updating things have been hectic at school lately. This is a pretty short chapter, sorry:(

Also, I've been using Grammarly which I recommend to any of you guys writing stories because it fixes punctuation really quickly and makes it better for your readers to understand too.

I would really appreciate if you let me know if i make any mistakes so i can change it for future readers.

Anyway, I'll try to update more often. Thanks for reading, please let me know what you think in the comments or by voting on the story:)

- Rosie.

Tris's POV:

Should I have told Four? I can tell that it upsets him but he should know. How could someone be so heartless to leave a child with their abusive father? Especially someone so young. On the other hand, if she took him with her, he wouldn't be able to transfer to a faction.

I am lying in bed with the lights off and he is sleeping on the couch so I can't even see his facial expression. Is he angry? He hasn't said anything for the past five minutes.

"Maybe it was best for her to leave me there but I don't understand why she hasn't tried to find me." He says.

I don't really know what to say. It probably wouldn't be hard for her to contact him- meaning she probably has chosen not to.

"I think I'll contact her myself." He says. "So, how do you plan on getting Abigail into Dauntless Initiation?"

"Persuading Max." I respond "Which could be hard considering the amount of food Uriah has stolen from the kitchen."

Four chuckles at this. "Faction leaders aren't supposed to make exceptions for that sort of thing though."

"But, if we can persuade him to do it, there's no one above him that can tell him off for doing it. He's the leader of Dauntless, no one can object to it." I respond.

"Sure you're not Erudite?" He asks. We both laugh.

I am beginning to feel really tired, it's been a long day.

Today was the first time I've ever been shot. I get that it could have been worse, at least I'm not dead but, I still feel pretty unlucky. I'll have to miss out the rest of physical training- my favorite part of Initiation.