Chapter Three

Hey, hope you've enjoyed this story so far. Please keep reading:) Divergent rights to Veronica Roth

Two year time skip from last part (Tris and Uriah are doing Dauntless initiation this year)

I am now sixteen years old and today is the day of my Choosing Ceremony.

This year Zeke, Four and Amar will be training us. Who thought a stiff would even pass initiation, let alone rank first. We have gotten to know him well the past two years and we're all good friends now.

I wake up at seven o'clock and take a hot shower, I then put on black skinny jeans with a black shirt and leather jacket with high-heeled boots. I put my hair in a loose fishtail braid hanging over my shoulder.

I walk out to see Uriah standing at the door talking to Four who is leaning against the doorframe. I say "Morning" and they say "Hey" at the same time.

Then the three of us walk to the dining hall together and see Zeke is already there. I say "Morning Idiot " Zeke rolls his eyes and flicks a piece of cake at me.

When we get to the choosing ceremony, Uriah and I take our seats next to each other. We see all the transfers. My friend transfers from Candor, that creepy kid Peter transfers too, as well as my other friend and some other Erudite kids and one stiff.

When it's my time to choose, I walk up to the stage and take the knife from Max, he nods and smiles as I cut my palm and undoubtedly pour my blood into the dauntless coals. Our coals. After Uriah has chosen we all get up and start to run to the trains. I jump onto the train first and then help some transfers in.

I'm in a cart with Uriah, Amar, Tori, and Peter. When we reach dauntless, I jump off landing on my two feet and running forward a bit, I am followed by Uriah and then Amar.

We run to the ledge where Amar asks who will jump first. I immediately walk up right before I see an abnegation girl is about to. "Outta my way stiff," I think but don't say.

I jump off and scream with exhilaration as I fall. Four lifts me off when I reach the bottom and I stand next to Zeke, he asks "Do we have a lot of transfers?" I say "Yeh, we have like ten. This abnegation girl tried to beat me to it, she'll probably jump next." Zeke says "Heaven forbid you don't jump first" and I say "Hey at least I didn't fall off." this makes Four laugh.

Then we see grey clothes falling and the abnegation girl identifies herself as Natalie. Zeke says "Uri's gonna be pissed" and I say "Hey Natalie, I'm Tris. Sorry about that before, second jumper's just as good" Then I yell up "JUMP YOU PANSYCAKE" and as if on queue Uriah jumps and screams like a little girl. I say to Zeke "That's what you sounded like when you jumped" and he punches me lightly on the shoulder.

Once everyone is down, Four says "Listen up. Dauntless borns and transfers will be training together for initiation this year, you will also be ranked together. You don't make the cut, your out, follow me and I'll give you a tour of the compound." Uriah and I share a look of confusion and then I shrug my shoulders and say "Well, I guess we're the ones with the advantage."

When we reach the dining hall I sit at a table with Natalie, Zeke, Uriah, Amar, Four, Peter and some other initiates. Zeke says to Uriah and I "Hey, you two I'm having a party tonight. Candor or Dauntless, bring your friends." Uriah says "Awesome" as I creep up behind him and push a piece of cake into his face.

He slowly wipes it and I start to run away but am stopped by Four who is standing right behind me, he picks me up and sits me in my chair. Zeke and Uriah get up and walk towards me and all the initiates think they're about to punch me up but instead the tickle me till I'm lying on the floor.

Peter says "Tris, can you pass the bread?" so I pick up a bread roll and throw it at him hard, but he catches it and winks at me. Zeke and Uriah both have that overprotective brother look on their faces. I leave to get ready for Candor or Dauntless, that means layers...