Chapter 19

Hey I know this is short but I just had to update something quickly. Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think by leaving a comment or voting:) Sorry for any typos or mistakes. thank you

-R

Four POV:
After Tris is cleared from the infirmary, we carry her to her apartment. I offer to spend the night with her in case she needs anything. I set myself up on the couch and wait till Uriah and Zeke leave.

"So what's the deal with Eli and Abigail?" I say loudly enough so that she can hear me from the other side of the room.

"Well, Eli left when my mum died and his sister left with him. His sister had Abigail so now Abigail is faction less when she should have been dauntless. Unlike her parents, she doesn't want to live faction less. We're going to ask Max to make an exception and let her at least try initiation."

"Sorry for asking. Why didn't you tell me?" I ask her

"About Eli?" She asks

"About your mum" I say

"I didn't think I had to yet. And I assumed that my brothers had already told you." She responds

"No they didn't but its okay that you didn't want to say anything. I know it's a touchy subject. My mum died, her name was Evelyn." I say. I wasn't exactly devastated about her death. I was young when it happened and was just scared to be left alone with my father.

"Evelyn. I know an Evelyn but her name isn't Eaton." It can't be her. There are plenty of people called Evelyn. Plus she said know not knew and my mum is dead.

"She used her maiden name." I say

"Johnson? Evelyn Johnson?" She asks. What??

"Yeh, she died when I was young." I respond confused.

"Unless she has a cousin called Evelyn Johnson, she's not dead Four." Tris says. It can't be true, I know she is dead.

"No, Tris. She is definitely dead."

"She even looks like you Four, she's alive and living with the faction less. She's like their leader." Tris persists.

If she really isn't dead that would mean she left me with Marcus on purpose. She could have taken me with her. I think I need to pay Evelyn a little visit.