Chapter Eight

Hey, thanks so much for reading, hope you enjoy:)

- Rosie

Tris POV:

The next morning, I put on some tight pants with a tight tank top and combat boots, wearing my hair straightened down and a bit of makeup. 

I work out with Uriah for an hour and then say "I need to go to work" and he says "Okay, breakfast at eight?"

I say "Sure, see ya." I then go to the tattoo parlour where Eric is already waiting.

I open the door with my key and put my bags down. I say "Do you know what you want?" and he says "Yeh, I know what I want" looking at me in that creepy way that Peter does.

 I say "More specifically, what tattoo do you want?" he laughs and hands me the tattoo. I say "And you want it on your back?' he says "Yeh, towards the bottom of my back."

I get the machine working and look at the design he chose, it's a quote from the dauntless manifesto surrounded by flames, I say "Hey! I drew this one myself!" 

He laughs and says "Maybe I self-consciously like it for that reason." I say "Ha-ha very funny" and administer the tattoo. 

When I'm done Peter walks into the tattoo parlour. To be honest i'm conscious when alone in a room with these two. 

I say to Peter "You want one too?" he says "I was just looking for Eric but I guess I have been wanting one actually."

 I say "Sure, just tell me which one you want." He picks a tattoo on the back of his neck and I have to lean over him to administer it.

When I'm done they both thank me and leave. 

I breathe out just as Four walks in, he says "Hey, something wrong?" 

I say "No, just glad Eric and Peter left. I'm always wary when I'm alone with them. Glad you came. Thought you were working a shift with Zeke though." 

He says "No our supervisor gave me the morning off for some reason, so I thought I'd pay you a visit." 

He takes a seat while I put away the tattoos Peter and Eric picked. Peter is quite a lot taller than me and picked one from a place on the cupboard I can't reach. 

Four sees me struggling and says "Let me help you shorty." and takes it from my hand and puts it in the cupboard. I say "I can't help how tall I am Four, you know that!" 

He says "Yeh, but that can't stop me from teasing you about it." 

I say "You have the same kind of logic as my brothers, Four I thought you were better than that!" I say joking.

When my shift is over, we walk to the control room together to get Zeke for breakfast. 

Four reaches to open the door and see it has been locked from the inside, he tries to punch in a code on the security pad. 

I furrow my eyebrows and put my ear to the door and hear a voice recognisable as Zeke's saying "You wouldn't dare, and you couldn't if you tried, you have to go through the three of us first." when he says that I can tell he is talking about me. So damn overprotective.

I hear someone else that sounds like one of the dauntless leaders, Alex (a kid who has always had a crush on me but I keep pushing him off) say "What do you think I'm trying to do Pedrad?" 

Four grabs a lamp from the corridor and pulls it out of it's socket, smashing it into a window in the side of the control room.

I look through the window. Zeke can see me but Alex is turned the other way.