Hidden Away

Ella

It can always be a mistake right? I ask myself as I shakily hold up the two positive pregnancy tests that I took two days ago. Right Ella, you're not pregnant, you're just randomly throwing up.

Ugh I'm even urging with myself! My stomach begins to hurt so I grab my keys and drive to the store. I wish mom and dad were here to explain this to me... the Internet stresses me more since it's all about happy soon to be moms with the support of their husbands.

Me? Oh yea I'm just an anorexic eighteen year old teenager who got knocked up and is now pregnant with a baby from guy who doesn't give a shit about anything. Not to mention I have a doctor boyfriend who doesn't even know even that I'm like a week into my pregnancy now.

I pull into the store and jog inside to the medicine aisle. Hmm what helps best with helping to stop throw up? I hold up two good little boxes and read them both to see which is better.

UGH! I drop them on the ground as water fills my eyes and I stressfully run my fingers through my hair. I haven't even checked in with a doctor let alone pick medicine out for my pregnant self! "Firefly?" a familiar voice rounds the corner and I look up to see Silas looking at me with a face of concern.

I move my hair out my face and quickly wipe away my tears that are failing to stay in my eyes. "The medicine" I whisper under my breath. If he sees them then he's gonna force me to tell him why I need them. Hesitantly, I pick them up and place them back in their designated spot on the shelf before running out of the store.

He calls out for me, but I'm already outside. Don't go in the car when you're crying, which is what dad always told me. I've lived up to that and I don't plan to break that rule he made me promise to keep. The store doors open and I turn to see Silas toss something over to me.

I catch it and look at it to see a tiny box of medication. "It works best with throwing up" he says and I nod in thanks. "Why do you need it?" his deep voice stops me from walking off. He slowly walks closer to me and I harshly swallow my gulp. "Firefly, I'm not letting you leave until you fucking tell me" he says sternly.

No no no! I can't... and I won't. I point behind him and he confusedly turns around, giving me time to run to my car and turn it on before he notices. By the time he realizes, I'm already pulling out of the parking lot.

My heart pounds against my chest. I can't tell him... I've come to that conclusion. I refuse to tell that dangerous aggressive guy that's involved in gangs that once attacked Tyler and I that I'm pregnant with his baby. Gangs would only find me an easier target.

I don't know anything about Silas's world, only that he's a killer.

**

I finally got the courage to get a doctor. What would I say? Hey remember me the anorexic girl? Well yea I'm pregnant. Ughh I'm in for a lot of shit. It's been four days since the encounter with Silas at the store and he's been constantly trying to approach me. I know it's so unfair of me to not tell him that I'm pregnant with his child, but I'm terrified to. Not only of him, but his dad and grandpa.

Right now though I need to worry about myself and this baby. I can drop Maisie off at school then go to my appointment and go into school late. Sounds good to me. "Ella!" Maisie runs into my room and jumps on my bed.

"What are you doing up this early, Maisie?" I ask in a tired voice. "You still have twenty minutes of sleep time" my voice starts to develop. She shrugs and tugs at my shirt to get me out of bed. I groan and stand up, just to be dragged down the stairs into the kitchen.