Broken Arm and Waterbreak

Ella

I carefully pour the muffin batter into the cups and try not to overfill them. "Hey beautiful" Silas wraps his arms around me from behind and rests his head on my shoulder and hands on my huge bump. I'm seven months pregnant now and Silas is beyond excited to meet to his baby girl, he even set up her nursery. "Ooo those smell good" he sticks his finger in the batter and licks it off his finger.

"Don't, you'll get sick" I smack his hand and he laughs. "Anyways, how did training go?" I ask. He's been training for this huge boxing tournament with his dad and Tyler for months now. He still makes time for Maddie and I, it's like he's not even gone. He's trying his hardest though, I'd never hold that against him.

He wraps his arm back around me. "Good, I think we're ready" he says and I smile so happily. I'm so proud of this goof, he's been looking forward to this for ages and I'm so glad he's happy. I'll never get his huge smile out of my mind when he read his acceptance letter into the tournament.

"I smell somethingggg!" Tyler sings as he walks into the kitchen. "Muffins!" he says with excitement and I laugh. "Hey big guy! Practice your boxing skills on me! I got this!" he provokes the bear Silas. I look at him like he's crazy and he smiles.

Silas looks at him, waiting to see if he's joking, but Tyler's being very confident in this huge offer. "Ok..." Silas trails off and unwraps his huge arms from me, making me groan.

"Don't hurt him okay?" I say. They square up in my huge dining room and I nervously watch. "If you break anything you're picking it up and buying me a new one" I make clear before they start.

They begin to do their thing and Silas punches him extremely hard that Tyler roughly falls to the ground and shouts in pain. I run over to him and see how he's holding onto his arm tightly. Silas kneels down next to me and examines Tyler. "Ow... Silas you fucking broke my arm!" Tyler hisses in pain.

I grab my keys to my car. "Okay, let's go get him checked out, Silas help him up" I say and Silas helps him get back up. Tyler shouts in pain and Silas clenches his jaw tightly as he watches his best friend. We walk out of the house and into my car. Silas drives while Tyler site in the passenger seat and I sit in the back.

I feel really bad for Tyler, but honestly, he asked for it. After what seems like a long drive, we pull into the bone place and they take Tyler back almost immediately. Silas moves a chair next to the big chair Tyler's sitting on and sits next to him. The doctor takes X-rays of his arm and pulls them up on the computer. "Ouch, that's a pretty bad break, how did it happen?" the doctor asks and Silas looks down.

Tyler slightly laughs and looks at Silas. "My best friend's a boxer, self explanatory" he chuckles and Silas looks up at him in confusion. The doctor nods and continue clicking away.

"Ok guys, could I speak to Tyler alone?" the doctor asks and Silas and I nod before leaving the room. We decide to stand outside in the freezing cold rather than waiting in the waiting room so Silas pulls out his vape and begins smoking it.

I sigh and hold his hand. "You shouldn't have accepted to fight him" I say softly and he looks down at me after puffing out smoke. "You don't know your own strength, baby" I chuckle and he smirks. I playfully roll my eyes and punch his chest. "Tyler's fine, stop punishing yourself. He's not mad at you"

He huffs more smoke. "I know. I just feel bad, y'know?" he slightly tilts his head and I nod. "When we get home, we need to put those muffins in the oven" he laughs and I nod while laughing as well. "Let's go back in" he says then we walk back into the building.