Gender, Name, and Flutters

Silas

It's been three months and Firefly is four and a half months pregnant. We're on the way for her checkup and gender reveal so Firefly's been writing up lists of boy and girl names since she can't contain her excitement. Hell, I can't either. I'm excited to see what my Baby Archer is.

It's just gonna be us and Tyler going since the family's off on a mission, even before they knew about the appointment. "Are you excited?" a soft voice next to me says and I turn to Firefly and nod. She smiles and holds my free hand. "Me too" she looks out the window.

"Uncle Tyler is too! When my niece or nephew's born, we're gonna have the best time ever!" Tyler exclaims in the backseat, making Firefly and I laugh. Tyler has been so excited for this baby and making up scenarios of how much fun his gonna have with Baby Archer.

I pull up in a parking spot and none of us hesitate to get out of the car. I'm so fucking ready to see my Baby Archer. We patiently, yet impatiently, wait to be called back so I look over Firefly's shoulder to see her scanning through her lists of names. I rest my chin on her shoulder and she smiles. "What names do you have in mind?" she softly asks.

"Well I'd like to figure out what Baby Archer is first" I slightly laugh and she flushes with embarrassment. "Chill out, I know you're excited, so am I" I kiss her cheek, turning her embarrassment to a smile.

Suddenly, we get called back and jump out of our seats into the back room. The nurse gets Firefly set up while I stand next to her, holding her hand... Firefly's hand. "Ready to find out what your baby is?" the nurse asks with a smile and we nod. "Alrighty, that's the baby's arm" she points at the ultrasound.

"I see it!" I excitedly whisper shout. Firefly laughs and clutches my hand. "Sorry, heh get back to what you were saying" I rub my neck. The nurse laughs and starts taking ultrasound pictures which I'm excited to see.

Tyler looks pretty damn concentrated on the screen like he's trying to figure out the gender on his own. "Looks like you're having a girl!" the nurse excitedly exclaims and I look down at Firefly to see her looking back at me.

"YES!" Tyler shouts, making Firefly and I laugh before looking back at each other. We smile and I lean down to passionately kiss her. A girl... my little kitten is a girl. I guess I can finally give her an official nickname. Oh how she's gonna be treated like the fucking princess she is.

I can't wait to see her. To hold her. To tell her every night she's the light of my life and that's she's fucking gorgeous. To help her with school troubles, life troubles, to be there for her and tell her exciting stories before bed. I'm beyond excited to become a father, the father that lets you eat ice cream for breakfast, like how dad did.

"We're having a girl" Firefly says softly with a smile. I smile as well and place my forehead on hers. She pecks my lips and I wrap my arm around her shoulder. The nurse finishes her examination and we were able to leave.

Let me tell you, Tyler won't shut the fuck up. He's more excited than Firefly and I! But I'm sure as soon as we drop Tyler off and go back to the house, I'm mostly gonna have names shoved in my face.

But I'm ready for that and willing to accept it. Like I said, I'm gonna be the best father to my little Kitten. I pull into Tyler's driveway so we say our goodbyes before he gets out of the car and we drive home. "Are you ready for this?" I look to Firefly on my side and rest my hand on her little bump.