Archers Heart

Silas

"Scorpions are at the warehouse down the street, weapons ready?" dad asks as he loads his guns. I smirk and lift my shirt up revealing all my guns and knife in the waistband of my jeans, making dad laugh as he proudly pats my back.

I'm so ready for a good killing, I need the distraction. The door barges open and I turn around to see grandpa and the guys — brandon, colin, justin and aaron — walk in with a duffle bag of weapons.

We load up and head out to the warehouse which is ten minutes from the house... but because we're on motorcycles and speeding runs in the family, it only look three.

Sketchy ass warehouse. Everyone silently gets out of the car and cowers down as we walk inside. "Split up" grandpa demands then suddenly we're all on our own.

Not a good idea, once again, left with my thoughts. Guns fire so I take cover and shoot every person that passes by me. Once I stand back up, I have a burning sensation that someone's sneaking up behind me so I throw whoever it is over my shoulder.

Fast reflexes runs in the family... we were taught everything in training. I jog around the warehouse with my thoughts flooding my mind, not even paying attention to my surroundings until someone grabs my leg and drags me down the hall. I think the fuck not. I go to pull out my knife, but a hand catches my arm and holds them both up.

I'm now being carried by my legs and arms, sorta like a pig on a stick when you put it over a fire... sorry, I needed an example... haha. A knife gets jabbed into my chest, resulting in me shouting at the pain. The wet feeling of blood runs down my body.

They continue to jab me until the pain is numb. I love it, the pain. Once they realize it has no affect on me anymore, they tranquilize me. Pain is all I want right now so I couldn't give a shit anymore. Suddenly the men doing this to me fall to the ground like flies and the guys run over to me.

Brandon and Aaron wrap my arms around their neck and rush out of the warehouse. "I'm fineee" I stand up and sit on my motorcycle. They all look at me like I'm crazy then it turns to irritation.

"You guys go, Kai and I have this" grandpa directs the guys then they nod and speed off on their motorcycles. I take this opportunity to put on my helmet and drive off.

Dad and grandpa immediately hop on their motorcycles and speed up so that they're on each side of me. Fuck, no way I can get out of this now. "SILAS!" grandpa angrily shots. I groan and swerve off to the side. We park our motorcycles and take off our helmets. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU KID?! YOU ALMOST GOT YOUR DUMB SELF KILLED BACK THERE!" he shouts in my face. I just stand there, staring at the ground until he walks up to me and pulls my chin up. "You better get your fucking head in the game or else you'll be laid off these missions with us" he points at my chest.

Dad stands tall and charges at him then goes to throw him to the ground, but because dad dodges it with his fast reflexes, he didn't even have to turn around to see dad coming.

"STOP SHOUTING AT MY SON!" dad growls and punches grandpas chest. Dad has always been protective over me, no matter who it is, he's gonna confront them.

Grandpa pushes dad off him then grunts. "It's how I got you to listen" he growls back. "Gotta take discipline" he continues and dad aggressively stomps his foot so hard to the ground and throws a rock.

"I can! Watch!" dad storms over to me and gets all up in my face, making me clench my jaw. "Get your fucking head in the game, Silas! You could have been seriously injured back there if we didn't come back for you!" he shouts and I flinch then back up.

Damn... never thought he would actually yell at me. Grandpa can yell at me all he wants and I wouldn't take it this personal... but when dad does, I feel like the whole world is against me.