Surrendered and Puppies

Silas

Firefly hasn't glanced at me all day and it's driving me fucking crazy! Suddenly, she walks out of Kittens room, without acknowledging me, making me pick up a glass vase and throw it to the ground, startling Firefly. She looks at me in fear due to my angry expression I didn't realize I had on, so she runs into our room. "NO!" I shout.

Kitten... I hear her crying. My legs find themselves walking towards her room then I open her door. She looks up at me and scoots back on her bed in fear. I slowly walk up to her and she continues to keep further away from me. "Daddy..." she stutters when she reaches her limit of scooting back.

I sigh and hold my hand out. "Kitten..." I say and her face lights up. "I promise I won't hurt you... and I'm so sorry for ignoring you" tears roll down both of our cheeks. "You're too beautiful to be crying... Kitten, I love you so damn much" I pull my hand back.

All the sudden she's jumping into my arms, hugging me with her arms wrapped around my neck. "I love you too daddy" she nuzzles her head in my neck. I return the hug and rub her back. She pulls her head back and puts her hands on my shoulder for balance even though I have her secured. "Do you love mommy?" she asks.

I kiss her cheek and nod. "Of course I love mommy. You both mean the absolute world to me" I say through my tears. She smiles and kisses my cheek in attempt to calm me, which damn I'm glad my Kitten isn't mad or scared of me anymore.

"Then why did you hurt her?" she asks and I clench my jaw tightly. I pull her in for another hug and kiss her head. "Mommy is really sad..." she cries. Of course she is... because the one who saved her from the school bullies, bullied her.

I pull back so we're facing each other. "I'm so sorry I scared you, Kitten. And hurt mommy... I was angry and wasn't thinking. I love mommy with all my heart and you as well! I'm sorry for avoiding you and hurting your feelings" I say softly.

She smiles. "It's okay daddy" she says softly and sweetly, making me smile. The first smile since the crash. I pat her back and let her down back on her bed.

"Ok baby, I'm going to talk to mommy" I kiss her head and she nods. I walk out of the room and hesitantly walk over to our room, but end up turning around, away from her. I'm so scared... she doesn't deserve this...

**

Muffinssss. I wake up and get off the couch to walk over to the kitchen. I find Firefly and Kitten baking together so I quietly wrap my arms around Firefly from behind, she flinches and gets out of my grip with fear. She nods for Kitten to go, which Kitten hesitates, but sighs and obeys.

I close my eyes and huff. "Firefly..." I look at her to see her face soften up. "I'm so sorry I hurt you... I'm sorry I laid a single finger on you. I -I wasn't thinking and was so angry at myself for loosing control of the steering wheel" my eyes water. "And killing Lion" my voice cracks. "But Firefly, I love you so damn much and I'm sorry"

She tries to form words, but instead just runs into my arms and hugs me tightly. "I love you" she begins to cry. I kiss her head then nuzzle my head in the crook of her neck. She lets out all her tears and passionately kisses my lips. "Everything will be okay baby... I promise" she says with sadness while wrapping her arms around my neck.

Tears roll down my cheeks so she pulls away to wipe them. "Stop giving me every reason to love you" I say softly and she smiles. I kiss her neck and pick up her up. She wraps her legs around my waist and we crash our lips passionately together.