It keeps getting worse.

Ella

A knock on the door startles me, causing me to wake up on Silas's bare chest. I quietly get out of bed and stretch my arms before walking down the stairs to see who's behind the door. Cautiously, I open it to find my cousin, Sam, standing there with bags next to her.

I look at her in confusion, waiting for her to speak. "Hi..." she says softly and nervously. "Sorry I didn't text you telling you I was coming, but I got in a big fight with my mom and she kicked me out... I have nowhere else to stay" she starts tearing up.

Her tears are convincing enough. I immediately hug her as she cries into my shoulder, poor girl. "Hey it's okay, you can stay here until you patch things up with your mom" I smile and pull away. She mouths thank you as she wipes away her tears and tries to calm herself from crying.

I notice her eyes move to behind me so I turn around to see Silas holding Maddie in his arms as he walks down the stairs towards us with a look of confusion on his face. "Your baby was born?!" Sam says excitedly, startling Silas, making him flinch. "Sorry" she says sheepishly.

"Haha yea, her name's Maddie Rose Frey!" I smile and she walks over to Silas then plays with Maddie's cheeks. Maddie starts to cry until Silas pulls her closer to him and kisses her head.

"She took Silas's last name?" she asks and we both nod. "You're a cutie" she smiles at Maddie and wiggles her arm. "You look exactly like your daddy" she says in a baby voice and Silas smirks at me, making me playfully roll my eyes at him.

Silas walks away from Sam without warning, just plain rudely, and hands Maddie over to me. "My dad texted me, telling me I need to go to the house asap" he says and I nod with a smile. "Call me if you need anything. I love you" he passionately kisses my lips.

My smile grows. "I love you too. Be careful" I say and he nods then looks at Maddie whose looking at him, waiting for her kiss. He laughs and places a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too, Kitten" he smiles then looks back at me. "Okay, I'll be back soon" he kisses my cheek and I mouth bye to him before he walks out the door. Damn, I love him so much.

Sam stares into nothing and I look at her with my eyebrows pushed together until she snaps out of her day dreaming. "Sorry, I blank out a lot" she laughs nervously and I squint. "So where will I be sleeping?" she asks and I snap back into realization.

"Follow me" I walk up the stairs and lead her into the guest room which is next to Maisie room. She settles her bags down on the bed and takes in everything around her, something she has to do to get use to her surroundings. "Maisie's next to you and Silas and I are diagonal from you" I smile.

She nods and I leave her to get her things ready.

This will be fun.

**

I walk down the stairs with Maddie in my arms to see Maisie and Sam laughing as they paint on canvases together so I walk up to them and see what they're painting. "We're painting magical animals with super powers!" Maisie exclaims with excitement.

I smile along and ruffle her hair. "I'm putting dinner on right now" I say as I put Maddie in her swing then walk into the kitchen. The door slams shut and I look to see Silas balling his eyes out. "Babe what's wrong?" I ask with concern and worry on my face as I walk over to him. He struggles to breathe from all this crying and I wrap my around him and look at Maisie. "Hey Maisie why don't you and Sam finish that upstairs?" I ask and she nods before leaving.