The Start

Ella

"Maddie, come on it's time for school!" I softly shout into the big backyard full of land where Maddie is, laying on the ground writing in her journal. "Say goodbye to Puzzle!" I add.

 "Say goodbye to Puzzle!" I add

She stands up and waves to me. "Coming mommy!" she shouts before walking over to say goodbye to her three year old paint horse that Silas and I got her for that Christmas when she was two.

Maddie is now five and still daddys little girl

Maddie is now five and still daddys little girl. Silas is up in Tennessee for a fight of his, Maddie and I stayed home due to her needing to be at school for her tests. We FaceTime him every night though.

Maddie's running towards me causes me to snap out of my thoughts and catch her in my arms. "Ok little girl, let's get you to school" I laugh and hold her hand as we walk to the car.

"Mommy, when is daddy coming home?" Maddie sweetly asks as I buckle her up in her seat. "I miss him so so so much" she says with a bit of sadness in her tone so I kiss her head and pull her chin up with a smile.

I rub her cheek with my thumb. "Daddy will be home before you know it pretty girl" I reply softly and touch her nose before closing her door and walking over to the drivers side. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Silas as well. It's odd not hearing his annoying jokes and sleeping alone.

I really want my cuddle buddy back. "Mommy, can we call daddy when I come home from school?" Maddie asks from the back seat. She plays with the best friend bracelet she has with Silas, making my heart melt. Silas and her have been wearing those bracelets for three years now and it's the cutest thing ever!

"Of course baby" I smile, pulling into her school. Once I pull into the entrance, a staff member does her daily walk to our car to collect Maddie so I turn around to her and smile. "Have a good day today, you're gonna do amazing lime you always do!" I say softly.

She smiles and sits up in her seat to hug me. "Goodbye! I love you mommy!" she says before the staff member open the door and greets us like she always does. She helps Maddie out of the car and off into the building they go.