Mine (mature)

*mature chapter

Ella

"Should I?" I ask while scanning the pregnancy test. "I know I'm not... but I haven't had my period yet this month and I'm craving so much food" I talk to myself. When I realize people around are looking at me, my cheeks flush red so I just toss the test in my cart and walk away from the aisle.

**

I open the door to our temporary vacation house to find Silas and Maddie watching The Life Of Pets together. Silas looks so concentrated on the movie while Maddie's in her swing biting on her toy, making me chuckle to myself. I can tell Silas hasn't done anything all day due to his messy black hair and Maddie still being in her pajamas.

He then laughs at a scene in the movie so I drop the bags from the grocery store and walk up to him. He looks at me then looks back at the tv with a smile while wrapping his arm around me, pulling me into his lap. "Babe this movie is intense" he says and I laugh. "No for real! Two dogs got taken by a fucking bunny, pig, and another dog!"

Laughing, I get off his lap and run my fingers through his knotty hair. "Baby go get ready while I get Maddie dressed" I kiss his head and he groans while pausing the tv. I love how the worlds most feared murder is upset over his girlfriend making him get away from a kids movie. Oh the world they don't see.

He gets up and we walk into our room. I take out Maddie's clothes and begin changing her while Silas gets ready as well. "You know" Silas pauses while putting his head through the hole of his sweatshirt. "Kitten and I were killin it in karaoke" he finishes and I raise an eyebrow at him. He nods with a smirk and I throw Maddie's dirty sock at him. "Fuck you-" he realizes what he says.

I point my finger at him with my eyebrow still raised at him. "Watch it" I say while picking Maddie up. She cries and puts her arms out for Silas to pick her up, which he gladly does. "Traitor" I laugh and she smiles so widely at Silas, causing him to smile as well and kiss her head. "Well let's hit the road!"

We walk out of the house and off to fun places nearby. "Hey Kitten, wanna see crocodiles?" Silas looks at Maddie through the rear mirror. Maddie just smiles as she bites her toy. "I take that as a yes, especially cause daddy wants to see them" he says and I laugh. "Babe it's not everyday you see a fucking crocodile" he defends.

My laugher grows and I shake my head. "Only you" I manage to say through my laughter. We pull into a building and Silas takes Maddie out of her car seat then carries her inside. "You forgot someone!" I catch up to him and groan. He laughs while heading to the back of the store where lays a tank of baby crocodiles.

We drop our jaws and look at each other. "Kitten, see the crocodile?" he points to one sitting on a rock. Maddie laughs and throws her teething toy at the tank, hitting the ground. "Fuck" Silas carefully kneels down to pick it up. "Now you have to wait to be able to chew it again" he says softly.

Maddie pulls her bottom lip out in attempt to start crying, making Silas's heart definitely melt. "I'll wash it off for you baby" I kiss Maddie's head and take the toy from Silas's head. I walk over to the women's bathroom and wash off the toy that hit the dirty ground. When I return back to my lovely responsibilities, I find Silas holding Maddie up in the air, kissing her all over.

She laughs at his affection and grabs into his face. "Heyyyyy" Silas chuckles and lowers her down into a hug. A smile grows on my face and I walk up behind him. Why not test him huh? I snake my hand up his shirt and he immediately pulls away to turn to me. "Damn you" he sighs in relief and I laugh. He wraps his free arm around me and kisses my head.