Chapter 2| Mr Stress-head

Emma POV:

I wandered the crowded hallways and walked into the well-lit office. I made a left turn and followed into Miss Morrison's office, taking a seat in one of the chairs. I took my bag off of my shoulders and sank down into the chair. Miss Morrison scurried around her room before taking a seat in her chair.

"So Emma, how's you're summer been?" She asked with a cheery tone.

"It's been good, pretty boring until my dad came home but it was good I guess" I replied, followed by a shrug of my shoulders. She was the nicest person ever but my summer really wasn't too interesting. But Miss Morrison always cared, she was like a family friend. She always knew how to comfort me whenever my Dad left and she always found ways to distract me from my normal life.

"Hmm, I can imagine." She chuckled. "So, I just brought you in to check you are okay"

"Yeah I'm doing great. Thank you Miss Morris-" Before I had the chance to finish, the school bell rang. I was about to stand up but she stopped me.

"It's okay, you can stay, who do you have first period?" She asked

"Oh, umm. Mr Jones I think?" I said, curiosity laced in my words, "Is he new?"

"No, he's been here for 2 years, how have you not seen him?!"

"I don't know? I only started with calculus last year so I guess I have never seen him around" I said shyly. How did I not know who he was!?

"Ah well, good luck. He's strict but he's a hell of a good teacher, highest passing rate in the whole school."

"Hmm, well, see you soon Miss!" She waved me goodbye and I walked bag into the now empty hallway. I made my way over to the maths classes.

~
She found her class and she opened the door, everyone was already sat writing. "Sorry I'm late sir" She said timidly, slipping herself into the only desk left at the front. "Why are you late?!" He shouted, causing her to flinch up. She looked directly up into his piercing blue eyes, his jet black hair lightly tossed across his face. Her jaw dropped at the sight of him, he was gorgeous. He was tall, his tight shirt defined his biceps and his jaw was scattered in a light stubble. She quickly composed herself and came back with a quick reply. "I'm really sorry sir, I was in a meeting with Miss Morrison. I'm really sorry" she spoke quietly, praying this situation would end. "You arrive on time to my class, no excuses. See me after class" His words were firm. Wow, what an ass. Jeez, what a stress head. Why can't this asshole of a teacher give me a chance, it's the first day. I already hate him.

Although Emma was annoyed at what happed earlier, she had to agree, he was indeed a very good teacher. Math was never really her subject but she felt as if things were starting to make sense. She completed her worksheet when the bell rang. Everyone rose from their seats but Emma stayed put. The class cleared and it was just her and him. He waltzed over to her and perched himself on the desk next to her. His feet were crouched up on the chair and his elbows were on his knees. He glared at her.

"I'm really am sorry for being late Mr Jones, really I am." She said, begging. Killian leaned back, he was shocked. Not once in his few years of teaching has he had a student apologise and accept their mistake, they always defied. But her in her mind she was saying something completely different.

Killian POV:
I sat back in shock. Whenever I scold a student they always argue back, always wanting to be right but Emma didn't. She was so polite and kind it left me with no words. It was just something in her beautiful green eyes that seemed so shy and sincere.

"Thank-you for the apology. I'll let you off from a detention now but don't be late again, okay?" I raised my eyebrow up and smiled, she chucked in response. "Yes, never again. I'm so sorry." Gosh why does she have to be so sweet, she's killing me. "Just out of curiosity, why did Miss Morrison need to speak to you." The moment I asked that question I saw her tense up, her demeanour changed. She began to fiddle with her fingers and then her eyes twitched, what was that about? "Oh uh, she just wanted to make sure my schedule was right..." she mumbled before grabbing her bag. I brushed it off. I got off the desk and opened the door for her. "It was nice meeting you today Emma, see you tomorrow" She scurried out of the door before turning back again. "And you Mr Jones. Thankyou again" And with her words she walked away. I sighed to myself, was that question to personal?

~

Emma's day was just an average day, nothing special happened but now it was finally time to go home. She made her way to the school car park where her dad was and they quickly drove away, but not home. "Wait, where are we going?" Emma panicked turning to her father. "We're doing something fun, bowling? A movie? Your choice princess." Emma's frown sparked into a grin. "Bowling sounds fun" She smiled, resting her head on her dads shoulder.

When they got to the alley they bought some drinks and some food. Not long after the went and got their shoes and they began to bowl. Things got very competitive between the two but it was all just play.

"I win!" Emma screamed as she got a strike on her final bowl. Her dad pretended to cry and Emma pulled him into a hug whilst she giggled but he took her by surprise and spun her over his shoulder making her scream.

"Dad!" He spun her around a few more times before placing her back to her feet. She joking pushed him and they both fell into hysterics. This is what she loved, she loved that she could just be herself with her father around. Something her and her mother never had...

A/N: sorry it's so boring right now, but I hope you're enjoying it so far!❤️ comment any thoughts💕