Chapter 42| Graduation Gift

Warning for everything 😂
Like and comment throughout and I'll follow you 💛

Time jump: a few weeks (now May/June)

Killian POV:

This was it, this was her graduation. She was sat down with her class-mate, laughing and joking around- Did I deprive her of her senior year? I shook my head when suddenly she turned back around and looked at me on the stage. She gave me a weak smile and I could instantly sense that something was wrong but I couldn't necessarily go anywhere.

Suddenly Miss Morrison's voice echoed through the microphone and out to the stands. The ceremony began. After talks and performances from the students, a group of teacher-myself included- began to give out the diploma's.

My ears pricked up when I heard my Emma's name being called and I had butterflies in my stomach- I didn't know why though. She was gorgeous. She was dressed in a burgundy cap and gown, her hair was in loose curls which fanned off her shoulders and her make-up was absolutely stunning! How lucky was I to have her as mine?

Miss Morrison handed her the diploma and she walked along the long line of teachers whilst she shook all their hands. When she reached me, she froze. I reached out my hand the moment I caught a glimps of tears in her saddened eyes. What on earth is going on? My grip on her was strong, I was trying to send her a message.

She took the certificate from my hand and smiled weakly again before moving on down the line. Worried was an understatement.

Finally after another hour the ceremony was coming to an end. The students threw their caps up in the air and everyone was cheering and clapping.

We all exited off the stage and went down into the crowds of students, teachers and parents. I caught sight of Emma running into her father's arms and it was an emotional sight so see. A father and a daughter. But I didn't have time to dwell because I had various groups of people pulling me into their conversation.

After many many conversations the field was mostly cleared- only a few families left. I saw Emma on the opposite side of the pitch and she instantly came running to me. I met her half way when she bumped into my chest. I picked her up and spun her around. "Congratulations my love" I whispered before placing a secretive kiss in her hair.

Once I placed her back on the ground we walked back over to her parents. I gave Mrs Nolan a quick hug and pulled my David into a 'man hug'- he's such a great huger.

Suddenly we were interrupted by a cough. I turned away and saw Miss Morrison stood there.

Holy. Shit.

"You a family friend Killian?" She asked as she switched her finger between me and Emma. Come on dude, you're a great liar. You've got this. "Yes- Yeah. Me and Mr Nolan have been friends for a while now and Emma's good friends with my little sister." I smiled. Technically I wasn't lying. Me and David had in fact become closer and Emma and Alice had a really good friendship now that she and Liam moved to Storybrooke.

"Ah I see. I never knew" She smiled, totally buying the lie. "Anyway, what's the suitcases for?" She smiled again and nodded at the suitcase David had handed me only a few moments ago. "Ah yes, i'm going to Hawaii for the week!" I smiled but Emma's head snapped around like a hawk.  Her eyes were wide with confusion which totally read 'Why did you not tell me you were leaving!'

"Ahh a vacation is what I need" Miss Morrison laughed. I smiled before she said goodbye and walked away.

"You we're going to go on vacation without telling me?" She stuttered as a tear fell from her cheek. I didn't even get the chance to explain before she walked away. I saw her walk up the bleachers and take a seat near the top.