The First Meet

A week later

A week later..

It is now Saturday and it has also been a week since dad left well on Friday to be exact, I still haven't managed to have a conversation with mother as I don't know if I'm bothered to face her right now. It is currently 12:45 in the afternoon and I'm still laying in bed which is becoming a bad habit now.

Mother has been acting weird recently though, late nights out and always on her phone maybe she's seeing someone? She's still kinda young she had me at a young age as I'll be 18 in a month and she's still only 37, she still looks good at her age having long brown hair and young looking eyes, I was cut off my thoughts by a knock at the door making me roll my eyes and mumble "Come in".

Mother comes in all dressed up, she twirls around in her dress and heels. "So, how do I look?" She asked, standing there with a smile waiting patiently for an answer.

"Yeah great" I mumble, quickly moving away my gaze from her and I grab my phone starting to scroll through social media, I suddenly hear her sigh as she slowly walks over and sits at the end of my bed.

"Lily, I know you hate me but I need you" She said, looking down and fiddling with the hem of her dress.

"I don't hate you" I say finally moving my gaze to her, which makes the corners of her mouth hesitantly turn up.

"Look I'm so sorry for what happened, our relationship wasn't healthy and I guess I fell in love with someone else" She shrugged her shoulders, she looks at me as if she's trying to read me to see what I'm thinking of the situation.

"Who?" I ask, eyebrows scrunch with confusion. So many thoughts running through my mind right now, it's just so quickly to fall in love with someone else I mean how long has she seen this guy for?

"Well we're suppose to be going out to dinner later tonight, you can come if you want?" She asks.

"I guess" I shrug.

"He can't wait to meet you" She smiled, gently patting my leg.

"Get ready soon" She continued, I nodded in response and within seconds she left the room. I wonder what he's like? I hope he treats her better than dad did.

By the time it was 5 I had a shower and using the curler I added some beach waves to my short hair, I put on high waisted skirt, a nice crop top and my favourite high heeled boots.

"Honey you ready?" She yelled from down stairs. I looked in the mirror one last time making sure I looked decent once I was happy with how I looked I made my way downstairs. My eyes hesitantly search around the room, "Is he here?" I ask.

"Not yet" She smiled. I mentally roll my eyes, so now we have to wait for him.
"You look lovely by the way" She continued, I smiled at her and sit on top of the counter, got out my phone and messaged my friend Justin. Finally we heard a knock on the door and mother practically ran to the door, I mean it's kinda cute to see her so happy but what about me?

"Sorry I'm a bit late darling" I heard him speak I suddenly got these chills in my body that I can't explain, he sounds really young. I wish I was nice and motivated enough to move and go say hi but I just decided to stay in the kitchen on the bench. "It's okay honey" I heard their footsteps come closer but I didn't bother turning around, why? I don't know I'm afraid, I don't want to see neither my father or mother in heart break again.

"Lily, be polite" I heard her, I finally turn around nearly gasping at what I saw there's no way he was my mother's age, he was a lot taller than her, he was wearing a suit making him look slender, his hair was slick back and even from here I could tell his eyes looked like a beautiful nice green. He had the perfect facial structure, and cheekbones he was just the most beautiful man I've ever seen.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Roman" He smiled. I got out of that trance I was in and smiled, I probably looked like an idiot now was I staring for long ? Hope he didn't notice.

"Time to go" She said, I finally got of the counter and forgot I was wearing a skirt so I had to be careful. I felt his eyes on me as I was currently walking ahead of them. We all got in his car which was a red convertible, me in the backseat already third wheeling so I just put in my headphones and started listening to music making sure it was loud enough so I couldn't hear their conversation. I looked around the car and my gaze moved in the rear view mirror, I saw him looking at me through the mirror which made me quickly look away and back down at my phone.

We finally arrived at the restaurant and we all got out of his car, standing in this five star restaurant waiting to be seated. "This way" the waiter pointed and we all followed behind him, we all sat around in this circular lounge. It was beautiful there were candles and crystal vases that currently sat at the table. Beautiful classical music playing in the background, now I would understand why people pay so much just to eat here.