Dreading The Night

"Watch me" I pull my arm out of his grasp, avoiding his gaze I get out of the car before slamming the passenger door shut

"Watch me" I pull my arm out of his grasp, avoiding his gaze I get out of the car before slamming the passenger door shut. Making my way inside trying to avoid looking back at him, I walk down the hallway and up the stairs, didn't even bother changing into pjs I just threw myself on the bed closing my eyes before falling asleep.

I open my eyes to the sound of chatting downstairs, the morning sun shining through the curtains. It is now Friday and the engagement party tonight, I've been dreading it all week as much as I'd love to ditch the party I can't, especially if it's my own mother's.

"Lily!" I groan covering my head into the pillows, I mentally roll my eyes as I get up from the bed and make my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

"What?" I breathe, her gaze eyes me up and down realising I'm still in my pjs. I stand there crossing my arms impatiently waiting to hear what she's gonna say.

"You do realise tonight is gonna be a big night for me right? or did you forget?" She says, of course she has to remind me so I can feel even more shit then I already do.

"How could I forget?" I say with sarcasm with a fake smile, that's exactly right how could I forget when I am constantly reminded and especially since dad left it has now always been about her.

"Roman will be here soon, so you better cover up" She says eyeing my plain t shirt, we suddenly hear the front door open and close and her eyes go wide.

"Honey?" We both hear Roman, we can hear his footsteps slowly approach us and I quickly wrap my arms around my chest so it doesn't show that I'm currently not wearing anything underneath.

"Hi sweetheart" The nicknames they have for each other makes me cringe but I'm going to try my best to show no emotion just like Roman always does.

He turns to look at me and there is no emotion in his face and I ignore it, "Hi lily" I see him struggle to spit out which makes me smirk.

I nod in response and make my way upstairs, feeling his gaze on me as I turn my back and walk away from them. I'm honestly not organised and not ready for tonight at all, I sigh as I plop myself back down on my bed I hear my phone ring from a notification I quickly grab it from the side table I gasp when I see my dad's name show on the screen.

From Dad:

Hi Lily.

I replied.

To Dad:

Hi

From Dad:

Is your mother's engagement on tonight?

I replied.

To Dad:

Yes.

He replied.

Ok see you there.

My stomach dropped to the thought of seeing dad, did i just make things worse? Who knows how dad will act, I hope he was just joking around and won't actually turn up. I jump to hear a knock at my door I look up to see Roman's tall fame leaning against the door and I missed that image of him but I can't let it get to me.

"You seem stressed" He shrugs.

"What do you want Roman?" I sigh, mentally groaning that he just can't leave me alone.

"Your mother actually wanted me to come make sure you have an outfit planned for tonight" He crosses his arms making his biceps appear rather large in sight I stare at his hands seeing his veins run through his arms down to his immense hands.

"Well I'm not interested" I say finally looking away from his hands, he sighs and makes his way over to me sitting down next to me but I move away from him he looks up at me with a confused yet offended look in his eyes.

"Lily" He mumbles, I could still feel his eyes on me but I ignore it.

"No, get out" I demand, I point my index finger at the door and he hesitantly nods before leaving my room.