Missing Roman

It's been days since mother and I have heard from Roman, I'm actually genuinely concerned for mother and Roman

It's been days since mother and I have heard from Roman, I'm actually genuinely concerned for mother and Roman. Mother has hardly moved from the couch, it's like she's mentally drained without him and it was awful to watch her slowly fade away. I have been trying to be strong for her and stay positive but I have been going out of my mind, how can someone just disappear like that?

I sigh and sit next to mother on the couch and she suddenly gets up and walks in the kitchen, I switch the channel on the tv and lay back and start to watch this random show suits.

"Where have you been?" Mother yells, I jump up and run in the kitchen to see her on the phone.

"I was so worried" She sighs, walking around in the kitchen in circles whilst she had the phone against her ear.

Several minutes while I stand there listening to the conversation she finally hangs up and puts the phone on the counter.

"What happened?" I ask, impatiently waiting for an answer.

"He wouldn't tell me, all he said was he needed a break" She shrugs, I walk over to mother wrapping my arms around her to comfort her.

"He's on his way here" She continues, my heart skips a beat. I nod and make my way up the stairs and in my room. I scan through my wardrobe picking out a casual track pants and tank top, I look in front of the mirror and quickly apply mascara so I don't look completely dead inside but I should't even be caring about how I look he's coming over to see mother right.

I make my way to my bed until I hear a car door slam in front of the house, I get up from of the bed and peek through the window my heart sinks to see Roman's red convertible in our driveway. I see him leaning against his car, with his cigarette in between his mouth and I can see his not his usual self.

I watch as he throws his cigarette on the ground and puts his hand through his hair before making his way to the front porch. I walk away from the window and make my way back in my bed, watching the ceiling. I hear the front door open and hear them greet each other.

"I was lost without you" I hear mother yell from downstairs, I mentally roll my eyes I always wonder if guys ever feel the same.

"Lily, Romans here!" Mother continues to yell although this time my stomach fills with anxiety, why am I starting to feel this way?

I slowly get up from the bed, I take a deep breathe to relax before walking out of my room and down the stairs. My eyes scan the room as soon as I enter and there he was, leaning against the wall with one of his leg crossed over the other reminds me of the first time he picked me up from school when he was waiting for me.

He looks up at me and I saw his breathing hitch, he hesitantly tried to give me a smile but it came across as forced. I sat down at the table, fidgeting with the table cover as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. It was currently quiet and this time it made me feel uncomfortable as it was kind of awkward.

"Well I'm going to go pick up some pizza for dinner, want to come honey?" Mother asks her gaze looking straight at Roman but he didn't look at her back.

"I'm actually going to set the table, go on without me love" He smiles at her, I watch them but I don't say anything the environment in the room is changed.

Mother nods in response giving me a quick smile before entering the hallway, seconds later we heard the front door shut and continued on with silence.

"Roman" I mumble, his slender legs enter the kitchen bending down his immense hands grab for the plates in one hand and drinks in the other.

"Hmm" His deep seductive voice hums, I get up from my seat walking in the kitchen I feel his eyes watching me but I ignore it, I open the cupboard and grab the cups saving him from going back.

"Where did you go?" I ask, curiosity kills me inside. Were both currently at the table, placing down the kitchen ware and drinks in front each seat.

"I needed a break" He shrugs, but that's not the answer I was looking for.

"From me?" I point at myself, I regret saying it straight away but I'm trying to get answers from him he is always hidden.

He dryly chuckles, "Why does everything have to end up always being about you?" He says placing the bottle of water in the middle of the table.

"Why is that you know everything about me" I pause. "But I know nothing about you?" I spit, throwing the last cup which landed in front of him. I avoid his gaze as I turn away making my way up the stairs.

"We aren't finished Lily" I hear him raise his voice, before entering my room I hear him mumble 'Fuck' as he punches the wall.