Confession

He pulls his slender body back up, licking his lips one last time

He pulls his slender body back up, licking his lips one last time. He crawls over to me and lays down next to me. His eyes on mine, I ignore his gaze as my cheeks still feel flushed and I feel embarrassed.

"Lily" He breathes, I ignore him and slowly pull myself up from the bed. Sitting up crossing my legs, I feel him follow me as I turn to see him sitting up next to me.

"You're beautiful" He leans down I feel his plumped lips kiss my shoulder, I look up at him and see his beautiful green orbs looking in to mine.

"Shut up Roman" I playfully nudge him hearing him chuckle, I watch as he takes a strand of my hair and starts twirling it between his long fingers.

"I think I'm falling for you" He mumbles, my heart stops It's like I froze. Maybe I was hearing things, I hope I was this is not good for me or mother.

"What?" I gasp, turning my full attention to him.

"Nothing, I drank too much" He scoffs, he shakes his head and starts get up from the bed but I grab his hand. He turns his head to me the light in his eyes disappear like everything was drained out of him.

"You can't say that shit and then just walk off" I scoff, he rolls his eyes and pulls out of my grip.

"I care about you Roman" I pause, I look as he impatiently waits to see what i'm going to say.

"But so does mother, and that's how it's always going to be" I continued, forcing those words out, I wanted to tell him how much I truly like him but I can't.

He chuckles, "Like I said, I drank too much" He says, not looking straight at me. He turns from me and slowly walks out the door, closing it after him.

I groan and get up from the bed, walking in the bathroom starting up the bath. I strip off my dirty clothes and underwear and sit in the heated bathtub. I lay my head back and think about what just happened, I'm shocked and scared he's drunk anyways. People always act or say stupid things when they're drunk right?

Several minutes after I pull the bath plug out and put my oversized t shirt on and head over to the sink brushing my teeth and washing my face. I then make my may straight back to bed pulling my covers over my head and falling to sleep.

I was woken by a sudden flash of light in my face, I look to see the curtains pulled open and mother standing in front of the bed.

"Have you heard from Roman?" She says, her eyebrows scrunched.

"No why?" My groggy morning voice asks while I rub my eyes so they adjust to the light.

"I haven't heard from him since yesterday" She sighs, 'that's weird' I thought.

"He's probably asleep, don't worry too much" I give her a reassuring smile, but at the back of my head I think that something is not right.

I grab my phone and search for Roman's contact, I smile to see it still at 'Don't reply'

To Don't reply:

Mother's worried, call her

I put my phone down on the side table and get up, making my way down the stairs and in the kitchen. My eyes scan the room and I see mother laying on the couch, she's watching tv but has a dull look on her face making me sigh.

I run back up the stairs and in my room, quickly grabbing my phone seeing a notification but from Justin.

From Justin💗:
hey lily, it's been a while I miss you.

I reply,

To Justin💗:
miss you too.

I take my phone with me and walk back down the stairs seeing mother in the same position, I walk in the kitchen and boil the kettle making mother tea which is her favourite.

I stir the cup and take it in the lounge room, she hesitantly smiles when I give it to her.
I rub her back to comfort her and she mumbles 'Thank you' to herself. How can someone have such an effect on someone's mood and feelings? It's crazy to think about it's almost like she's a walking zombie.